Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tigerfest

Re: Tigerfest

its so hard to tell what he'll have out. The market for tiger jerseys is flooded, thats for sure. Everyone knows to hold off on the 250-300 price for common guys, cuz they'll be 125 or under soon!! It does seem like late in the season he had a rack where many were under the 200 range, hopefully he has low prices to try & clear some out. Last time I was at hockeytown, on 16 mile, he has a rack in there of lower end jerseys, all in the 100-200 range...JRD jerseys too.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Any possibility that he'll have any Perry jerseys under $200?

I wrote this up for some other boards, so sorry for the added info not pertaining to GU stuff. Let me know if you have any questions about what was being offered and prices (although I think I covered it pretty well):

Got to the park around 9:30am. Procured an early entry ticket about 9:55am. Made it in around 10:20am. Went to the Tigers Club area where they said Zumaya was signing, didn't need him. Walked over to the beer hall where they said Brookens and Avila were signing. I could use both of them, so I took a shot.

Tom Brookens added to my 1984 Tigers Opening Day photo--now complete!

Alex Avila - SS ROMLB

Then went over to Auto tent E and at 11am Joel Zumaya and two minor leaguers walk in. I decide to run over to the Tiger Club, my usual area the past 5 years...now that they let in the general public it is full. Almost every auto area was now full or had a massive line. So, I decided to check out the Tigers Foundation and Tigers Authentics tents.

At the Foundation tent I purchased two 2000 Comerica Park Opening Day programs, a 2005 ASG program, and a 2003 Detroit Tigers program all for $10 total. The Foundation tent was pretty picked over and didn't seem to have anything but leftovers from last year. A bin of bats had nothing of interest.

Over to the Authentics tent, they had game issued (not used) bats of Brennan Boesch, Rick Porcello, Ivan Rodriguez, Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Guillen, and Austin Jackson all were priced at $100...pass. They also had game used/issued jerseys of Polanco, Damon, Sheffield, Jacob Turner, Todd Jones, and Armando Galarraga. They also had a Carlos Guillen 2010 Home jersey with Ernie Harwell patch that was most likely game used, but did not have MLB authentication. All jerseys were $200, and i was tempted by the Guillen but ultimately passed. They also had game used helmets for $75--Tom Brookens, Ramon Santiago, and Carlos Guillen (and others, but those were the only "names" I remember). Marc Himelstein told me they were all from the clubhouse at the end of 2010, but did not receive authentication for one reason or another, therefore the lower prices. I picked up a Guillen road helmet:

Also, picked up a line-up card from my son's birthday, pretty excited about this and for $35 couldn't pass it up (also, signed by Leyland):

And with that, I decided I had enough of freezing my a$$ off and got out of there. Probably would have stayed longer if my cousin had come with me, but he got snowed in and couldn't make it out of Holland. Definitely wasn't my best year at TigerFest, but was still worthwhile. Hope everyone else did better!

Quote Originally Posted by mbrieve View Post
    I wrote this up for some other boards, so sorry for the added info not pertaining to GU stuff. Let me know if you have any questions about what was being offered and prices (although I think I covered it pretty well):

Got to the park around 9:30am. Procured an early entry ticket about 9:55am. Made it in around 10:20am. Went to the Tigers Club area where they said Zumaya was signing, didn't need him. Walked over to the beer hall where they said Brookens and Avila were signing. I could use both of them, so I took a shot.

Tom Brookens added to my 1984 Tigers Opening Day photo--now complete!

Alex Avila - SS ROMLB

Then went over to Auto tent E and at 11am Joel Zumaya and two minor leaguers walk in. I decide to run over to the Tiger Club, my usual area the past 5 years...now that they let in the general public it is full. Almost every auto area was now full or had a massive line. So, I decided to check out the Tigers Foundation and Tigers Authentics tents.

At the Foundation tent I purchased two 2000 Comerica Park Opening Day programs, a 2005 ASG program, and a 2003 Detroit Tigers program all for $10 total. The Foundation tent was pretty picked over and didn't seem to have anything but leftovers from last year. A bin of bats had nothing of interest.

Over to the Authentics tent, they had game issued (not used) bats of Brennan Boesch, Rick Porcello, Ivan Rodriguez, Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Guillen, and Austin Jackson all were priced at $100...pass. They also had game used/issued jerseys of Polanco, Damon, Sheffield, Jacob Turner, Todd Jones, and Armando Galarraga. They also had a Carlos Guillen 2010 Home jersey with Ernie Harwell patch that was most likely game used, but did not have MLB authentication. All jerseys were $200, and i was tempted by the Guillen but ultimately passed. They also had game used helmets for $75--Tom Brookens, Ramon Santiago, and Carlos Guillen (and others, but those were the only "names" I remember). Marc Himelstein told me they were all from the clubhouse at the end of 2010, but did not receive authentication for one reason or another, therefore the lower prices. I picked up a Guillen road helmet:

Also, picked up a line-up card from my son's birthday, pretty excited about this and for $35 couldn't pass it up (also, signed by Leyland):

And with that, I decided I had enough of freezing my a$$ off and got out of there. Probably would have stayed longer if my cousin had come with me, but he got snowed in and couldn't make it out of Holland. Definitely wasn't my best year at TigerFest, but was still worthwhile. Hope everyone else did better!
    Nice work Brieve! Really diggin the way you did that photo. Some nice pick-ups too. Not bad!

It sure was a cold one. I found less deals at this one than any others. I agree w/ Marks experience....he told the story well. I think some of it too is now that the tigers have had an authentics department for 4 or 5 years now....some of that thrill is gone. It used to be exciting going thru anything they had, now its more for looking for the better priced items.
    They did have BP jerseys for 35...not a bad deal at all...but year after year it gets harder & harder for them to move those items.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Any Will Rhymes items available there?

Quote Originally Posted by brianborsch View Post
    Any Will Rhymes items available there?
    There's a 2010 road on Tigers Auction site that ends tonight 1-23-2011 at 9pm est.

Also a GU Batting Helmet.

I don't remember seeing any Rhymes items there, but to be honest, I wasn't looking that hard for him either.
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Brieve did hit it right on the money……and is was COLD. Being a jersey guys it was pretty disappointing, not much beyond the 15-20 $200 jerseys that were most likely game issued at best. There had to be six or seven Sheff's alone. After Marc's e-mail reminder last week where he highlighted the bats, ball, jackets, etc. I e-mailed him specifically about the Jackie Robinson Day jerseys. He then informed be that those were all at the Hockeytown Authentics store in Troy!?!? Of course they are, why would you want those at your annual sold out fan festival.

At the end of the day I picked up some of the same programs even though I had most, $2.50 each was too good to pass up. I was also able to score a #26 road batting helmet from the foundation, Don Kelly road BP jersey from Marc that actually rang up at $25 compared to the $35 that was posted. I then drove the 20 miles to Hockeytown Authentics and picked up Carlos Guillen’s JRD jersey from 2010 that was MLB authenticated and has some nice dirt stains.

I took the family so we only hit the kids only autograph line but overall despite the cold we had a great time.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.