Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tigerfest

Re: Tigerfest

Russ, Happen to notice what JRD jerseys they had at Hockeytown?

Quote Originally Posted by Dach0sen0ne View Post
    Russ, Happen to notice what JRD jerseys they had at Hockeytown?
    They had several from last year all at $150. Guillen was the biggest name and he did play in the game which is the only way I will buy a special game jersey. They had a couple others that also played in the game but were lower end names, possibly Everett & Bonine. Most, maybe all, were MLB authenticated.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.

I had a good time at Tigerfest, but as far as what I walked away with, this was my worst year. Like many of you already said the authentics tent and foundation tents were both pretty picked over and what they had either wasn't that great or the price didn't blow me away. They did have GU bases for I believe $100 which was pretty good, but I didn't really NEED another. Now I mostly go for the autographs, any GU is just a bonus, but I was in line outside at 10am and I stayed till around 4:45 and this is what I ended up with:

Jacob Turner - SS romlb
    Will Rhymes - SS romlb

Tigers mini helmet with the following autos:

Gene Lamont
    Rafael Belliard

Robbie Weinhardt
    Tom Brookens
    Danny Worth
    Phil Coke

I was not happy with the pairings they had this year, I know most people did well, but they didn't do a very good job of keeping a star or semi-star to go along with the coaches and prospects. After a 2 hour wait in line I get Lamont, Belliard, Weinhardt, and I'm guessing Turner was the "star" of that pairing. My next like produced ONLY former player/current coach Tom Brookens.

All in all I did have a good time and I'll be back again next year.

Not to continue rehashing the weekend but what is also disappointing is that Marc sent out a huge 9-tab spreadsheet today that he has in inventory and some of it wasn’t available on Saturday. Nothing huge but locker name plates, some jerseys, etc. I live out of state so to me, if I can pick something up without paying for shipping that’s a bonus.
    Russ - Always on the lookout for Jim Abbott, Team USA and Detroit Tigers GU.