Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GU Hockey Gloves

I'm generally a baseball glove collector but I've recently took a liking to GU hockey gloves - both position players and goalie

Anyone collect these?
    Any thoughts on pricing, rarity, tagging info etc. to distinguish from non-GU/retail items?

I assume like other sports the better/more popular players carry a premium

thanks

Banned

Re: GU Hockey Gloves

Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    I'm generally a baseball glove collector but I've recently took a liking to GU hockey gloves - both position players and goalie

Anyone collect these?
    Any thoughts on pricing, rarity, tagging info etc. to distinguish from non-GU/retail items?

I assume like other sports the better/more popular players carry a premium

thanks
    I have a small collection 3 or 4 complete Glove and Blocker sets from former and current Canadiens goalies (Theodore, Racicot, Garon and Price). I have a few pairs of non goalie gloves as well.

I notice that most have the players name OR number stitched on them especially the goalie ones. Also it is quite easy to photomatch them to specific years and games through the puck marks and style.

As of all sports the better the player the more you will pay. I also have noticed that is the palms are shot on the gloves you can get them for less as compared to the palms being intact if that makes any sense.

As far as tagging goes I have yet to pin-point that. If I am interested in anything for me the best way is a photomatch.

Thanks Lokee for the info

are you selling any of the gloves you have?

there are a couple of sellers on eBay with some gloves that look real nice but I have no way of gauging price, condition without some reference

Hi AM,

Lokee's comments were right on ... but I'd like to add that a good set of game-used gloves will be fairly easy to photo-match. That's because players don't change gloves that often, and they get nicked up and worn pretty extensively.

If you can't photo-match a pair of gloves, I would be very careful to ensure that the provenance is fool-proof.

Hope this helps,
    Barry Meisel, MeiGray

Thanks much
    any good resources to research and potentially buy gloves (except for this forum of course)?

Through our team partnerships, we will be getting gloves from the Philadelphia Flyers. We also might be able to access gloves from the Washington Capitals.

LMK, Thanks, Barry

What's the timetable?
    Would they be current player gloves or even former players?

I will e-mail you

Thanks

You can also check out some of the posts on gameworn.net. and gamewornjerseys.com. for people selling gloves.

Also go to the auction houses and do a search for gloves and you can see what they sold for so you can get an idea for pricing.... Classic Auction, Gamewornauctions, Lelands

I may be selling a pair of Scott Niedermayer Devils gloves, purchased from Meigray, if your interested.

Thanks for the info
    I will pass on the Niedermayer
    Thanks for asking though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    Thanks Lokee for the info

are you selling any of the gloves you have?

there are a couple of sellers on eBay with some gloves that look real nice but I have no way of gauging price, condition without some reference
    Not at this time. Thanks