Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Picture help needed

I have been looking and failing to find photos from the yankees red sox game on july 1st 2004. any help with pictures would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    danny
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Re: Picture help needed

There are a bunch on AP images.

how do you find pictures on AP images
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

I counted 27 photos. You will have to register to see them, but doing so is free.

http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?...space=&cfas=-1

ok cool thanks man
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

There's actually another discussion going on elsewhere on the board right now, regarding Getty images, that sort of dovetails with this one.

I just came from "ap images" - found exactly the photo I've been looking for, to photomatch a bat broken in Pittsburgh by Micah Owings of the Diamondbacks, on 9/27/07...it shows Owings at the plate, holding the handle end of the bat, and it's absolutely perfect...except that they want $195 for a download of it.

Well, technically, they want $195 to let me download a copy of it to use in a "museum display" - apparently, they cannot license for download, for "personal use", sports photos other than NFL or NCAA.

Am I missing something here, or am I really going to have to pay almost two hundred bucks if I want a copy of this photo?

Banned

Save the page.

Page > Save as

Quote Originally Posted by Bravesfan View Post
    Save the page.

Page > Save as
    When I right-click on the photo - or, for that matter, anywhere on the page - I don't get "Save as" as an option. I get "Save background as"...but that gets me nothing.

If you want the image as displayed, then you can just hit the "PrtSc" button on your keyboard, open up Paint or a similar program and click "paste". From there you can cut out everything else (as the PrtSc button takes an entire screenshot) so that you only have the photo.

However, if you're looking for the uncompressed image file, which would be a lot larger and without the watermark, then your path is more complicated. You could suck it up and pay $200 (ugh), or try to get in contact with the actual photographer, who may be willing to sell the file, or a print, for less. The unethical way would be to find someone with AP Images access, which is easier said than done; I am as uninformed there as you are.

Thanks, I'll see what I can come up with. Now that I think about it, I know a media guy who very well may have access.