Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USPS Question

USPS Question

Think I am getting jerked around by an ebay seller on an item I purchased about a week ago. He gave me a tracking number of 9102128882300438287781.

It says this when I type it in:
    The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 30, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Wouldn't there have had to be some checkpoint or scan since Nov 30th that would have registered that the package has moved? It does not even show it has left a post office yet? Am I reading that correctly?

Thanks for your help!
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Re: USPS Question

Sometimes I've seen this until I receive the item. Im not sure why it sometimes has updates and sometimes doesn't. Most paypal shipping options are for delivery confirmation only. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Think I am getting jerked around by an ebay seller on an item I purchased about a week ago. He gave me a tracking number of 9102128882300438287781.

It says this when I type it in:
    The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 30, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Wouldn't there have had to be some checkpoint or scan since Nov 30th that would have registered that the package has moved? It does not even show it has left a post office yet? Am I reading that correctly?

Thanks for your help!
    if the seller went to the PO and asked for receipt and should of, the USPS website would read,receipt day, time received and PO location received, if he did not ask for a receipt, there would be no proof it was ever taken to the PO, thats why I always have the package scanned in and a receipt printed.
    Ask the seller for proof that he took it to the PO.

This happened to me once when I placed an order with MAB sports. I think what that message means is that the shipper hasn't actually shipped the item yet (brought it to a post office), rather they've just registered the item for shipping.

At least, thats what happened with me. It took over a month for MAB to finally ship it to me -- after shipping it, the USPS website updated the tracking number accordingly.

I would check with the ebay seller to see that they actually shipped it.
    ------------------------------------
    My Blue Jays Collection

Was it a large item or small item? Reason I ask is because sometimes people (like myself) will use the APC machines at post offices, which you can get delivery confirmation numbers for the packages when the postage sticker is printed out. The package may have literally slipped through the cracks if the person put it in the package bin. You might want to ask the seller how they shipped the package, either using an APC machine, on the internet, or physically going to a postal worker to ship your item. Then see if they can go back to the post office to find out what happened to the package. If you dont get your item in a week or so from now, I would file a "item not received" complaint to Ebay. Also dont forget, the post offices are very busy this time of year with Christmas packages and all.

i
    if the seller went to the PO and asked for receipt and should of, the USPS website would read,receipt day, time received and PO location received, if he did not ask for a receipt, there would be no proof it was ever taken to the PO, thats why I always have the package scanned in and a receipt printed.
    If you print postage at home, you obviously don't go down to the post office to wait in line for a DC# scan.

It might still not have made it to the post office or some lazy USPS workers may have not scanned the package. I've had items delivered that were never scanned or only scanned at the destination point.

Thanks for all the info, have followed up with the seller and all he said was "here is the tracking number,".

for certain tracking numbers the USPS only tracks certain points in the cycle not a step by step. No need to freak out on this one, its probably just not a step by step tracking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

I understand that it does not guarantee and step by step tracking, but maybe a starting point, or one of the skips in the step process over the past week . The guy gave me a confirmation number, but it should have had a starting point in the tracking cycle at the least?

Not always true. As mentioned earlier, I have had items where the tracking number never updated. Next thing you know I received the item.

What you really need to know is what method the item was shipped. If Priority Mail, expect to have it with-in 2-3 days. If Parcel Post, could be 7-10 days.....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...