Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Another broken bat study in 2010?

I have a Matt Diaz 2010 bat that I purchased from the Braves, and it was sold to me with added info that it was used in a broken bat study. When was there another broken bat study? I know about the one in 2009 that lasted from July 2nd until late August but was there really another one in 2010? The bat has a MLB hologram but it's not in the database yet. There's pinetar that's still fresh and sticky so I'd assume that the bat came from August or September.

There's a sticker on the barrel just like the bats from the 2009 study. This sticker has "148-ATL-1" written in blue pen and "32.03"

Banned

Exclamation Re: Another broken bat study in 2010?

That may well have been the case, Kyle. I recall one of my coaching buddies telling me last year that he couldn't break loose with a cracked bat for me because MLB was grabbing 'em all again.

Dave Miedema

Re: Another broken bat study in 2010?

Yes, there apparently was. I recall the folks at the Cardinals Authentics store telling me early in the year that they wouldn't have any bats for a while because MLB was collecting cracked ones for another study. Later in the year, I saw a Matt Holliday (I think it was Matt's bat) with a white sticker on it with test info.

Re: Another broken bat study in 2010?

Yes right after the mothers day game is when MLB wanted to test the bats.