Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Re: Pete Sampras trophies stolen

hahaha...I read this earlier in the day on yahoo.com . I just love the fact that they were stolen out of a storage unit LOL.

What's particularly funny about them being stolen out of a storage unit?

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    hahaha...I read this earlier in the day on yahoo.com . I just love the fact that they were stolen out of a storage unit LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    What's particularly funny about them being stolen out of a storage unit?
    Yea, I was puzzled with this comment also. But many folks are not amused by my sense of humor either.

On a related note: anyone seen that cool, new show, "Storage Wars"?

I think it is odd to have items of that value stashed in a storage unit. Those places are known for break-ins/thefts. Definitely not where you want to store irreplaceable items. But he said they were there because he had moved a few times recently and just hadn't gotten them out of storage yet.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Yea, I was puzzled with this comment also. But many folks are not amused by my sense of humor either.

On a related note: anyone seen that cool, new show, "Storage Wars"?
    I love that show haha.

The facts amused me on many levels. I mean, I would think that Pete would have a trophy room or Tennis room in his house kind of similar to that found in Bruce Jenners house for his running career...but nope, those items are in a box, in a storage unit, to be forgotten about UNTIL it gets broken into and robbed!

I mean I have items out for display from my job along with pictures and even awards...and I am by no means a 7 time Wimbledon champ. The last place I would've imagine these items lived would be in a storage facility. I also found the fact that he had a storage unit amusing as well. I kinda figured that he would have enough room in his house.

wade

"The theft happened three weeks ago. Sampras, who had stored the items as he and his family moved between housing arrangements"

Maybe his new house was going to have a place for him to display all of his trophies. It doesn't sound like he had them in storage for a long time. I think it was an inside job by someone who worked there or they tipped off a buddy who broke into the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by WadeInBmore View Post
    The facts amused me on many levels. I mean, I would think that Pete would have a trophy room or Tennis room in his house kind of similar to that found in Bruce Jenners house for his running career...but nope, those items are in a box, in a storage unit, to be forgotten about UNTIL it gets broken into and robbed!

I mean I have items out for display from my job along with pictures and even awards...and I am by no means a 7 time Wimbledon champ. The last place I would've imagine these items lived would be in a storage facility. I also found the fact that he had a storage unit amusing as well. I kinda figured that he would have enough room in his house.

wade