Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: yankees on the verge of signing Lee

i dont want him either, atleast for the kind of years he will sign for. Legal you make a good point about depleting the farm. Daniels is the best GM in baseball and i have no doubts he could build it back if he sold the farm.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    i dont want him either, atleast for the kind of years he will sign for. Legal you make a good point about depleting the farm. Daniels is the best GM in baseball and i have no doubts he could build it back if he sold the farm.
    You don't want him???? Lol. All during the post season you kept saying Lee will never sign in NY and will stay a Ranger and you were at the point of drooling over him. Seven years is steep for him, but you really changed your tune over the past few weeks. I'm not trying to be an instigator.

I was all for Lee during the Post Season as well, but once the Yankees went to 7 years, I was hoping the Rangers would drop out and pursue Greinke.

I like Lee, but wouldn't take a 7 year flyer on him... in fact I would be apprehensive about even going 6 years.

Just my .02

- Smitty

Josh -

I sent you a PM!!!

- Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    I was all for Lee during the Post Season as well, but once the Yankees went to 7 years, I was hoping the Rangers would drop out and pursue Greinke.

I like Lee, but wouldn't take a 7 year flyer on him... in fact I would be apprehensive about even going 6 years.

Just my .02

- Smitty
    Couldn't agree more because of his age, but he was a late-bloomer so hopefully, for the signing team, he is able to be Jamie Moyer-esque.

I was excited after the ALCS. If Lee signs with the rangers the only thing that would excite me about it now is that he did it to spite the yankees. Lastings if you rooted for a winner you would know that its easy to get caught up in the moment. If the rangers could get him for 5 it would be great, anything more realy isnt exciting because odds are after the next 3-4 years it will all be downhill in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    You don't want him???? Lol. All during the post season you kept saying Lee will never sign in NY and will stay a Ranger and you were at the point of drooling over him. Seven years is steep for him, but you really changed your tune over the past few weeks. I'm not trying to be an instigator.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

I got it i have everything packaged ready to go. I have finals next week and should be able to send out in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Josh -

I sent you a PM!!!

- Smitty
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post

You and Express are amusing. Go back and read your posts. You both said you wanted Lee to stay, he is all about more than the money, the fact that he went to the WS with the Rangers will mean something, and then poof the guy has literally only one foot out of the door and your whole tone changes! Sour Grapes me thinks.....

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    You and Express are amusing. Go back and read your posts. You both said you wanted Lee to stay, he is all about more than the money, the fact that he went to the WS with the Rangers will mean something, and then poof the guy has literally only one foot out of the door and your whole tone changes! Sour Grapes me thinks.....
    I did say I wanted him to stay - and if you read further down in this post, I even reiterated that - but, I never said I wanted him to stay at any cost.

I was thinking at his age 5 years with maybe an option for a 6th was a good fit. The money isn't the issue for me, the YEARS are - and I didn't say that he IS about more than money - I said I HOPED he was about more than money, so please don't go sticking words in my mouth.

But when the Yankees offered 7 years, I didn't change my tune that I wish he would sign with the Rangers, but it did make me think thats too many years and I would rather the Rangers spent more wisely on youth at that point, so don't go making it sound like I said good riddance or anything like that because I did not.

- Smitty

No sour grapes at all. Why would any team in the league want a 32 year old pitcher for more than 6 years. If they could sign him for 4 maybe 5 yrs id say pay him whatever he wants. There is no way he will give any team 22 plus million a year of production past the age of 36.
    Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington