Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pawn Stars tonight: Braves world series rings

Rings aren't my thing, but I thought some of you may be interested in knowing that TV listings say that tonight on Pawn Stars (Monday night at 10 on east coast) the show includes "a collection of Atlanta Braves World Series rings."

Re: Pawn Stars tonight: Braves world series rings

I wont be able to see it, but if they have a Justice ring PLEASE let me know.
    Always buying David Justice items

What blows me away is that these guys(Pawn Stars) always bring in Drew Max for authenticating signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsportstuff View Post
    What blows me away is that these guys(Pawn Stars) always bring in Drew Max for authenticating signatures.
    It's a good show and i try to watch it as much as i can, but i never see them showing any sports stuff. It's mostly historical items.
    Always buying David Justice items

It's from a staff member, not a player.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

$3,000 for NL championship rings. $8,000 for the '95 WS ring.

Seller wanted 42-45 grand. Final offer thrown at the seller was 22 grand and he walked away.

Seller was willing to take 29K....but Rick only offered 22K. Seller walked away. Seller refused to tell how he got the rings.

Quote Originally Posted by jbsportstuff View Post
    The signed Gehrig jersey that they bought had three LOAs - AAU and STATs. They didn't show the third but would bet a Morales letter or Frangiapani COA.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Authentication can be an issue for "Pawn stars." They once had an item that was claimed to be inscribed at the time of George Washington's inauguration, bearing the date of March 4, 1789. They said that was Washington's inauguration date, but I felt like screaming at the TV: " He was inaugurated on April 30, not March 4!" Although the March date was constitutional, delays in implementing the new Constitution pushed everything back; I think his election wasn't even official until April 1789. But this point wasn't even raised in their discussion with this seller.

So be careful in watching anything baseball-related they may have. By the way, what other President, besides Washington, served a full term that was less than four full years? Answer: FDR's first term began on March 4, 1933 but ended on January 20, 1937, because the inauguration date was changed.