Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would this be worth more or less?

So, I collect Josh Hamilton, and this summer he gave me a bat during the Rangers at Astros series, but there is a bit of a story behind it. He had said before the game that he would give me one afterwards. In the 8th inning he cracked a bat and got a basehit off of it. The bat boy gave it to the authenticators and they authenticated it on the spot. After the 8th inning, he went to the authenticators and asked for it back and came and handed it to be next to the dugout as he was running to center. The bat is a nelson cruz bat, but has 32 written on the knob and when the authentication number is typed in it says its a cruz bat, but used and cracked by josh. So, since this is authenticated saying josh used it, and since im sure there are not many, if any others at all, would this bat be worth more or less compared to a normal hamilton GU bat.

THanks!

Side note, it also signed and inscribed gamer 2010, psalms 22

Banned

Re: Would this be worth more or less?

Usually less because most collectors prefer to collect the player's own model.

Also, not looking to get rid of it since its in my player collection of his, i am just wondering.

Im a hamilton collector, and i would not buy a bat of his with someone elses name on it. Its my choice, so for me it would detract from the value. If you are happy with it who cares what the value is.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

I say less. I've never seen a bat with another players name on the barrel go for more than it's value for the player who used it. I've learned that the hard way before with a Torii Hunter bat I had from Steiner that had Vlad Guerrero's number on the knob. I don't believe it even went over $100 on eBay.

I would have say less as well, I have passed on many MLB authenticated bats of players I've need do to the fact that it was another players model. Just my opinion

It would most likely be worth less to the average collector. But, in this case, you're no ordinary collector due to the fact that you received it personally. Which, I must say, few people get the opportunity to do.
    Regardless of the name on the barrel, you have a story attached to it and that makes it as close to priceless as they come.

Example:
    *On July 24th, 2010, I caught a game home run on the fly in the 1st inning from my favorite player-Brewers Leftfielder Ryan Braun. I noticed he was using a blonde colored bat when he hit the home run. Braun rarely ever uses blonde bats. In the 3rd inning, he was using the same bat which he ended up cracking. I HAD to get that bat. After some searching, some phone calls and e-mails, I found it. Like your Nelson Cruz/Josh Hamilton bat, my bat is a Corey Hart model authenticated as being used and cracked by Ryan Braun on that day.

I have six (6) Braun gamers and that one is my favorite.
    It's my favorite because it comes with a story.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by happyyoungster View Post
    It would most likely be worth less to the average collector. But, in this case, you're no ordinary collector due to the fact that you received it personally. Which, I must say, few people get the opportunity to do.
    Regardless of the name on the barrel, you have a story attached to it and that makes it as close to priceless as they come.

Example:
    *On July 24th, 2010, I caught a game home run on the fly in the 1st inning from my favorite player-Brewers Leftfielder Ryan Braun. I noticed he was using a blonde colored bat when he hit the home run. Braun rarely ever uses blonde bats. In the 3rd inning, he was using the same bat which he ended up cracking. I HAD to get that bat. After some searching, some phone calls and e-mails, I found it. Like your Nelson Cruz/Josh Hamilton bat, my bat is a Corey Hart model authenticated as being used and cracked by Ryan Braun on that day.

I have six (6) Braun gamers and that one is my favorite.
    It's my favorite because it comes with a story.
    The Happy One makes some good points. Whatever is missing in the realm of resale value is compensated by the direct contact you had with Hamilton in receiving it. As long as you're keeping it, I'd say you're doing just fine.

Dave Miedema

I think they are cool, especially if they are MLB authenticated. I know Austin Jackson hit his first career home run using a Brandon Inge Marucci and id kill for that one. Mostly I'd prefer a players own model, but sometimes you take what you can get.

Thanks guys, im not looking to get rid of it, and it is valued high to me since he personally gave it to me