Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: locker nameplate... underrated G.U. item?

I collect Rob Thomson (Yankees 3B coach) GU items and Steiners had this WS Locker Room Nameplate. I thought it looked very cool!

I have several vintage locker tags from the Reds:

Joe Morgan
    Cesar Gerononimo
    Jack Billingham

Then others from the later 70's early 80's

Dave Collins
    Bo Diaz
    Buddy Bell
    Kal Daniels
    Frank Williams
    Rob Murphy

And from today:
    Homer Bailey

I have always enjoyed collecting locker nameplates...

I've always been a fan of Locker Namelates and think they are undervalued as well.....Here are the locker nameplates (not very "snazzy" looking) that Cal Ripken gave me after the 1988 and 1990 seasons personally from Memorial Stadium as well as his visitng one from the Kingdome in Seattle:

Here is a lot of them from the mid 1970's from County Stadium in Milwaukee from visting players as well I picked up a couple years ago:

If you check out this YouTube video, you'll see the 1990 Locker nameplate during the first few seconds of this 1991 Orioles Season Ticket commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e804...=youtube_gdata

I like them, especially to go with a jersey I may have, but these days, the Yankees seem to change theirs every game and there are a ton out there. What Steiner is asking for them is insane.

I personally feel that these could end up being something that becomes more collectable as time passes, but I could be wrong. I think some teams are way overcharging for these ($400 for a nameplate -- get real), but if you can get these for $10 or less I feel that they are worth buying. I can't see spending a large ($100 or more) amount on them unless it is a truly great player. For instance, with the Phillies, I would rather spend $125 for Chase Utley and Ryan Howard, rather than spending $75 for Chad Durbin. I do plan to try to add Roy Halladay next year as well, and I remember buying the Pedro Martinez NLCS 2009 one this year and I was really happy to add this one.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post

Here is a lot of them from the mid 1970's from County Stadium in Milwaukee from visting players as well I picked up a couple years ago:

Amazing Collection. Love the Munson you have their!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickphils1 View Post
    I have a lot of Phillies locker room nameplates and all were less than $20 when I bought them. They seem to have multiple ones every year which I think diminishes any real value. There fine if you are displaying with a player's game used stuff but the price on these are going way up (by the club) and are really marginal as being considered "game used."
    If you are interested in selling any of them please let me know.

I dont own any, but I think they are very cool. I almost bought Josh Hamilton's locker plate from the 2009 All Star game, but it fell though.

Do you have any locker room nameplates of Chase, Cliff Lee, or Utley? If so, I am interested in buying. Don't care what years they are, just looking for Phillies nameplates of them. Have been looking and cant find any. Thanks Patty