Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

locker nameplate... underrated G.U. item?

Curious on people's thoughts of locker room nameplates. They are not truly game used, and I have 2 of them and they are kind of a unique item to have in your collection for a specific player. Also relatively inexpensive as well. What are your thoughts on it? I use it strictly as a display piece for other game used items of the particular player.

Re: locker nameplate... underrated G.U. item?

I think for a player collector it is a must-have. For anybody else i don't really see the appeal. If I ever found a Brunell one, I would have to have it. Otherwise, no thanks.

I've been tempted to by a couple but haven't pulled the trigger. For the price they want an MLB locker plate for ($50) I can get a minor league jersey of a different (but still Aussie) player. Even when buying $100 MLB jersey's, I would rather 1 jersey than 2 plates.

However, I saw someone display a locker plate in a frame with a jersey above it, THAT would be cool.

Mark.

I've got a few of the big, elaborate ones with a lot of graphics - the kind they make for Opening Day, and that sort of thing - that I bought at the Team Shop for $50-$75, and then a lot of the slightly smaller ones, with just the player's name, that I bought at FanFest for $2-$3 each. Displayed either scattered among other items, like jerseys and bats, or in a big group, I think they are very cool. They're also a way of having something of a particular player when nothing else, nothing actually "game-used", is available. They're great for autographs, too. This year during the Fall League, I got Alan Zinter to sign two of his locker tags from 2004.

just got aaron rowand's NLDS locker room tag.
    pretty sweet
    Thanks,
    Bobby

lehmsbobby@yahoo.com

I have a couple that I picked up at Tigerfest a few years ago for like $5 each. I think that are a cool item, display well, and everyone askes what the are(non-collectors), so they make a decent conversation piece. Like many of you have said they look great in player collections as well. But with that being said I don't think I would pay over $100 for one unless it was from the World Series, that would be cool since it was in the locker room during the celebration.

I have thought about getting a few of these at times. The problem is, almost all of the Cardinals players are $100 or more. I am just not sure about paying that much for a locker nameplate.

Jason

I'd love to pick up some of my players, I just never saw them available. So if you have any of these guys from any team:

Pavel Bure
    Sami Salo
    Matt Diaz
    Trevor Linden
    Kelly Gruber

By all means, email me at gingi79@aol.com
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    I'd love to pick up some of my players, I just never saw them available. So if you have any of these guys from any team:

Pavel Bure
    Sami Salo
    Matt Diaz
    Trevor Linden
    Kelly Gruber

By all means, email me at gingi79@aol.com
    The Braves sent round a list of NLDS nameplates, including a Diaz for $100. They might still have it, although the price seems way too high for me. The asking price for the Heyward, Hudson and Lowe plates was $1000 each. Ouch! For the sake of comparison, Diaz jerseys were $200, Heyward jerseys $2,500-3,000, Hudson $1,000. At $800, Lowe jerseys were $200 less expensive than the nameplates.

I have a lot of Phillies locker room nameplates and all were less than $20 when I bought them. They seem to have multiple ones every year which I think diminishes any real value. There fine if you are displaying with a player's game used stuff but the price on these are going way up (by the club) and are really marginal as being considered "game used."