Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ebay Seller jerseys2003

Quote Originally Posted by DantleyHOF View Post
    Came back from the Astros sale today.
    Matt (jerseys2003) bought plenty of game used Astros jerseys today from the sale. 4 garbage bags filled. Astros had a limit of ten jerseys per person. He was smart. He brought his wife along and then after he purchased it. He came back and bought some more. I am sure this will be posted on Ebay.
    Wow. Assuming that he bought the jerseys only to resell at a profit, it sounds like he is taking advantage of the system. <sigh>
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Arrow Re: Ebay Seller jerseys2003

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Wow. Assuming that he bought the jerseys only to resell at a profit, it sounds like he is taking advantage of the system. <sigh>
    Les,
    Look at all his auctions. He buys them for a reason. Resell it for a large profit. Astros point of view. Sell out of your inventory. He did take advantage of the system. You don't keep coming back for nothing. The Astros sale started at 9 am not 12 noon. Bats for ten dollars was Adam Everett that didn't sell out the first time around. Everett bat was 40.00 reduced to twenty and today ten dollars each. Astros stars and stripes game used hat was ten dollars each the first time around. Sold out. Someone bought out the table. The cooler went for 5.00 each.Interesting sale. Common jerseys. Saw one Astros turn back the clock rainbow color game used jersey went for 35.00. Have a great holiday. B.F.

You have to look at it though and say "so what." If you buy a jersey, you are now the new owner and can do whatever you want with the jersey. If you want to sell it for more or less than what you paid is your prerogative. No one is making you buy your jersey, so really you can't complain and if you do buy it, than you obviously feel that it was worth it no matter how much you spent. The guy, I assume, is doing this is a side job and just trying to make a buck. Supply and demand, if you wait it out for something not wanted then chances are you can get it later for cheaper. That's exactly how I can accomplish my collection now. Milledge jerseys when he first game up were either 1k or close to it. Now I pay nowhere near that. Long story short, that's how I look at what he's doing, it's a business and like everyone else he wants to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    You have to look at it though and say "so what." If you buy a jersey, you are now the new owner and can do whatever you want with the jersey. If you want to sell it for more or less than what you paid is your prerogative. No one is making you buy your jersey, so really you can't complain and if you do buy it, than you obviously feel that it was worth it no matter how much you spent. The guy, I assume, is doing this is a side job and just trying to make a buck. Supply and demand, if you wait it out for something not wanted then chances are you can get it later for cheaper. That's exactly how I can accomplish my collection now. Milledge jerseys when he first game up were either 1k or close to it. Now I pay nowhere near that. Long story short, that's how I look at what he's doing, it's a business and like everyone else he wants to make money.
    Lastings,
    Good point about supply and demand. Astros had a 10 jersey limit. He brought his wife along. So in reality 20 jerseys he had purchased. You are right. You are the owner of the jersey and can sell it for anything you want. When you abuse the system and go back to purchase more jerseys' its called greed. Astros point of view. You get rid of inventory.
    After he left. He came back to purchase some more. This ruins it for the average person. Who wants a couple of jerseys. You have a amazing Milledge collection. Good Luck on obtaining more Milledge gamers. Have a nice holiday you and your whole family. B.F.

Les,
    Look at all his auctions. He buys them for a reason. Resell it for a large profit. Astros point of view. Sell out of your inventory. He did take advantage of the system. You don't keep coming back for nothing. The Astros sale started at 9 am not 12 noon. Bats for ten dollars was Adam Everett that didn't sell out the first time around. Everett bat was 40.00 reduced to twenty and today ten dollars each. Astros stars and stripes game used hat was ten dollars each the first time around. Sold out. Someone bought out the table. The cooler went for 5.00 each.Interesting sale. Common jerseys. Saw one Astros turn back the clock rainbow color game used jersey went for 35.00. Have a great holiday. B.F.
    The public sale began at noon. They let employees filter through first beginning at 9am today. They did that last week too.

Quote Originally Posted by April 10, 1962 View Post
    The public sale began at noon. They let employees filter through first beginning at 9am today. They did that last week too.
    I came in around 11:45 am and already they had people with stacks of gamers ready to pay. The cashier told me they started at 9 am. Did you see the Astros throwbacks rainbow color for 35.00? They wore it on the road at Tampa. I missed out on them. B.F.

Agreed, but if ten different people come and each buy 10 jerseys, how could they stop that? At least they had a 10 jersey limit. I'm also sure those jerseys they sold today are not all they have. Baseball teams probably have lots of jerseys each year. Imagine how many batting practice and game jerseys accumulate each year.

Lastings,
    Good point about supply and demand. Astros had a 10 jersey limit. He brought his wife along. So in reality 20 jerseys he had purchased. You are right. You are the owner of the jersey and can sell it for anything you want. When you abuse the system and go back to purchase more jerseys' its called greed. Astros point of view. You get rid of inventory.
    After he left. He came back to purchase some more. This ruins it for the average person. Who wants a couple of jerseys. You have a amazing Milledge collection. Good Luck on obtaining more Milledge gamers. Have a nice holiday you and your whole family. B.F.
    Thanks a lot, and the same to you. I had no idea that he went to that extreme with the sale nor do I know the operation the Astros run since I am not at the event. That is greedy when you send an accomplice with you to reap in profits, but that's the world we live in I guess.

I came in around 11:45 am and already they had people with stacks of gamers ready to pay. The cashier told me they started at 9 am. Did you see the Astros throwbacks rainbow color for 35.00? They wore it on the road at Tampa. I missed out on them. B.F.
    Oh well. Yeah there was a couple of those rainbows and I saw what looked like an employee buying one early in the morning. Looks like despite some people buying the limit or one or two others taking advantage of the system (WHAT'S NEW FOR THIS COUNTRY, RIGHT????) there were a lot of individuals that got a jersey or two. And it wasn't like they had the bigger names out there, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by April 10, 1962 View Post
    Agreed, but if ten different people come and each buy 10 jerseys, how could they stop that? At least they had a 10 jersey limit. I'm also sure those jerseys they sold today are not all they have. Baseball teams probably have lots of jerseys each year. Imagine how many batting practice and game jerseys accumulate each year.
    Like Lastings said supply and demand. Astros can't stop people from buying even if they abused the ten jersey limit. As a business point of view. As store owner you want to clear out old stock and start fresh. Astros in the past was hard to obtain gamers. You are right. What was on display was a small sample what they have. Two racks of jerseys. I find it funny to see a whole bunch of Adam Everett bats and it didn't sell for 40.00 the first time around. Astros reduced it to 20.00 and they still had a stack full of his bats. At ten dollars its gone. Alou bat was not even used. When you went. Did they have the Rainbow turn back the clock jersey? B.F.