Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: 2011 Spring Training Thread

Woo-Hoo!! Finally got my late 80's/early 90's Cooper Ken Griffey Jr gamer signed today!! I got the classic "That is not my bat" statement he gives everyone who has a gamer which did not come through his hands. I also got a rookie Reds Dan Wilson signed and a 1995 Dan Wilson/Vince Coleman used bat signed. Last but not least I got Ralph Henriquez to sign his gamer as well. That brings this years total to 12 game used bat signed. I broke last years record....... Now I am looking for Blowers, Martinez and Figgy.......
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net
    Always looking for late 70's-late 80's Mariners game used bats!

A Langerhans and 2 Mike Blowers game bats signed. Edgar went home and Buhner is nowhere to be seen. Figgy and Bard are all I have left!!!!!
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net

From left to right Josh Bard, Chone Figgins, Mike Saunders, Adam Moore, Mike Carp, Ken Griffey Jr., Ryan Langerhans, Josh Wilson x 2, Mike Blowers x 2, Dan Wilson x 2, Dustin Ackley, Milton Bradley, Marcus Littlewood, Ralph Henriquez, Figgy jersey, Saunders jersey. What an awesome spring!! I have nothing left to get signed. Now I need to start building for next year.
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net

Would you mind posting pictures of the Junior signature? Looks like it is shorter, curious to see how he is signing now!

Thanks!
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Here is the first pic off my bat.

The second pic is off my buddies plastic Mariners sign.

To be honest I have NEVER gotten Griffey in person so I don't know if he has an in-person frebbie graph vs. a "paid for" graph. These are definitely more compact than the other 20 some I own.
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net

It looks good, must have been the odd angle in the big picture that had me thrown off. For somebody who always has had a neat auto, I wondered if he just scribbled something but it looks good!
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner_gamers View Post
    Here is the first pic off my bat.

The second pic is off my buddies plastic Mariners sign.

To be honest I have NEVER gotten Griffey in person so I don't know if he has an in-person frebbie graph vs. a "paid for" graph. These are definitely more compact than the other 20 some I own.
    MG -

I'm in AZ until Saturday for ST. Just wondering the best place to catch Griffey - or where you caught him - as I brought a piece with me for him.

Thanks!

- Smitty
    xpress34@comcast. net

He comes out on the cart and rides down to the lower practice fields. As usual he is very tough! I got his graph the first day he was on the fields. He signed about 25 graphs out of about 40 people waiting right at the dugout/field entrance by home plate. He also carts back to the clubhouse once they finish.........

Good luck I hope you can pry one out of his stingy fingers!!!
    Davis Emburey
    demburey@netzero.net

Well, it was a lot of time spent waiting for one auto, but at least I got one this time, instead of experiencing a repeat of last year's Jack Cust debacle.

I got to Phoenix Muni at 9 this morning, to watch the A's work out before getting on the bus to go play at another field, and spotted Conor Jackson right off. I had two of his bats with me - a 2007 Rawlings with an 'NLCS' stamp on the knob and two many n's in his first name, and that oddball B345 from '04 that you traded me, Dewey - but Conor didn't seem to be in a very good mood, so I only asked him to sign the Rawlings. Abbreviated, freebie sig - oh, well. What else would I have been doing with those two hours of my life? Just working, and who needs that?

I did also pick up a couple of baseballs, though - one that somebody accidentally threw into the stands during long toss, and one BP foul that came screaming down the line, took one bounce and was coming right for my face as I turned that way; I just had time to extend my left hand to try to catch or at least block it, and ended up having to pick it up. Better than them having to pick me up, I guess. That was three hours ago, and I'm sure my hand will stop tingling any time now.

Banned

Cool Re: 2011 Spring Training Thread

I saw on an MLB.com photo that the Mariners brought back NOBs to their BP jerseys.

Dave Miedema