Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blood Stain on My Jersey?

I have a somewhat large stain on the front of one of my jerseys which appears to be a bloodstain. I was wondering if anyone else knows that it could be something else or is it just a blood stain? Thanks

Banned

Re: Blood Stain on My Jersey?

Bloody nose playing in Colorado...?

Banned

Does he use dip or chewing tobacco? Maybe he dribbled . . .

Quote Originally Posted by eGameUsed View Post
    Does he use dip or chewing tobacco? Maybe he dribbled . . .
    That's what I thought since the stain is not red but more of a brown, but as far as I'm concerned he doesn't. Looking at the pictures of him playing especially in 2007, I don't see that "ring" in the back pocket.

I am guessing it's spit. Chew spit, spit tainted with sunflower seed juice, or something along those lines. Hell, maybe he spit some Dr. Pepper on it when his homeboy told a funny joke.

I do not think it is blood. I have had a few white jerseys with blood on it, and when blood dries it is a deep brown. This appears to be a lighter brown (soda colored), and the pattern of the stain doesn't suggest it was from blood.

Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    That's what I thought since the stain is not red but more of a brown, but as far as I'm concerned he doesn't. Looking at the pictures of him playing especially in 2007, I don't see that "ring" in the back pocket.
    You don't have to have a tin in your back pocket to chew tobacco. Many are deliberately less conspicuous about it, so it's quite possible that it could be brown tobacco juice.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

It might be GATORADE....

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    You don't have to have a tin in your back pocket to chew tobacco. Many are deliberately less conspicuous about it, so it's quite possible that it could be brown tobacco juice.
    Many do though, and he has been seen with seeds in his rear pocket so as stated above, that can be the case. I can't recall a time I've seen a player chew and not have the container in their pocket.

I don't see many outfileders carry dip in their pocket because it could make sliding difficult.

A blood stain on a jersey would appear brown and not red.So it might be that as it turns brown when it drys as my brother has them on his game used hockey jerseys.