Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Re: *Show me your Green Bay Packers stuff...

$11,500? wow... I would take 10k for mine LOL

You guys see the Favres for sale through Radtke? I think they want 15k. Not sure which is more crazy, asking 11,500 for a Rodgers or asking 15k for a 1/2 game worn Favre...
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Banned

JO is just taking advantage of the Packers being in the Super Bowl, which is not a bad business strategy. They win and some deep pocketed Pack fan will buy it I have no doubt. Keep in mind that on Ebay a gentleman offered a Rodgers with Pack certification for several months and could not sell it until after they clinched the Super Bowl. He was asking $6,200 around Christmas. If they lose 11,000 would look insane since the guy has made ONE pro bowl, zero all pro teams and is probably no better than the fifth best qb in the nfl after brady, peyton, brees and rivers or big ben. Farve is another story. Real pack jerseys of his are scarce he is a top ten qb ever and hold virtually every passing record under the sun. He is most identified as a Packer. What did he really do as a Jet or Viking? Win one playoff game total.

I have a game issued Maroon Boston College BJ Raji jersey from 2008. It originally came from the school, the white match to it is on eBay for $319 (NOT MY ITEM)

If the Packers win, I expect it to go up from there as he is a fan favorite. I'd also be willing to sell it for $400 now if anyone has interest.

gingi79@aol.com
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    I have a game issued Maroon Boston College BJ Raji jersey from 2008. It originally came from the school, the white match to it is on eBay for $319 (NOT MY ITEM)

If the Packers win, I expect it to go up from there as he is a fan favorite. I'd also be willing to sell it for $400 now if anyone has interest.

gingi79@aol.com
    Too bad its not acutally game used like my white one. That would be awesome to have a gu set og home and road. I shot an email to you anyways about the jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    JO is just taking advantage of the Packers being in the Super Bowl, which is not a bad business strategy. They win and some deep pocketed Pack fan will buy it I have no doubt. Keep in mind that on Ebay a gentleman offered a Rodgers with Pack certification for several months and could not sell it until after they clinched the Super Bowl. He was asking $6,200 around Christmas. If they lose 11,000 would look insane since the guy has made ONE pro bowl, zero all pro teams and is probably no better than the fifth best qb in the nfl after brady, peyton, brees and rivers or big ben. Farve is another story. Real pack jerseys of his are scarce he is a top ten qb ever and hold virtually every passing record under the sun. He is most identified as a Packer. What did he really do as a Jet or Viking? Win one playoff game total.
    Favre Packer jerseys are far from scarce. Radtke is sitting on dozens, and Favre has been wearing one per half for years (when he isnt producing them in his basement). Yeah the seller of the Rodgers that was on Ebay is a member on here. Not sure if he sold it or not. As far as Rodgers I think you are underestimating how good he really is. Highest QB rating of all time and has put up amazing numbers in his first 3 years. The Pro Bowls and all that will come along with time.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    Favre Packer jerseys are far from scarce. Radtke is sitting on dozens, and Favre has been wearing one per half for years (when he isnt producing them in his basement). Yeah the seller of the Rodgers that was on Ebay is a member on here. Not sure if he sold it or not. As far as Rodgers I think you are underestimating how good he really is. Highest QB rating of all time and has put up amazing numbers in his first 3 years. The Pro Bowls and all that will come along with time.
    $11,500 for any jersey is very high and my point was Rodgers has done nothing to command that price now. Peyton has accompolished much more and does not command anywhere near that price. Ditto for everyone except Farve and Brady. Brady has had probably under five jerseys hit the market with ironclad provance plus he has two MVPS and three super bowls and the single season td record. Farve has every record under the sun and three mvps. Rodgers has never thrown for more than 30 tds in a season. QB rating is a joke what was Elway's qb rating? You say the pro bowls will come but it is very hard for a qb to make it. Brees is a lock every year. Vick if healthy pretty much is also. Guys like Ryan, Bradford and Freeman will give him a tough run for that last spot year in and year out. Plus with his concussion history who knows how long he will play. To me to pay that kind of price the guy must be a no doubt about it hofer and not a guy who may be great. Yes, maybe in ten years he will be viewed as an all time great but none of us know if that will happen. Plus the pack is selling jerseys now and presumably will only sell more in the future keeping a steady supply on the market. If you recall a few short months ago they sold them for 3-5k.

$11,500 for any jersey is very high and my point was Rodgers has done nothing to command that price now. Peyton has accompolished much more and does not command anywhere near that price. Ditto for everyone except Farve and Brady. Brady has had probably under five jerseys hit the market with ironclad provance plus he has two MVPS and three super bowls and the single season td record. Farve has every record under the sun and three mvps. Rodgers has never thrown for more than 30 tds in a season. QB rating is a joke what was Elway's qb rating? You say the pro bowls will come but it is very hard for a qb to make it. Brees is a lock every year. Vick if healthy pretty much is also. Guys like Ryan, Bradford and Freeman will give him a tough run for that last spot year in and year out. Plus with his concussion history who knows how long he will play. To me to pay that kind of price the guy must be a no doubt about it hofer and not a guy who may be great. Yes, maybe in ten years he will be viewed as an all time great but none of us know if that will happen. Plus the pack is selling jerseys now and presumably will only sell more in the future keeping a steady supply on the market. If you recall a few short months ago they sold them for 3-5k.
    Never said it deserved the price they were asking. If it doesnt sell for 7k or watever it was at on Ebay I cant imagine JO getting more. Brees is a lock? How does that work? Is he that much better than the rest of the NFC? Doubt it. Bradford? Wait and see on him I think is what you have said before. As far as the Packers selling Rodgers jerseys they started out selling them at 4k, I should know I bought the first one they offered. Who knows if they will sell jerseys again, they are strange about that. With only 5-6 Rodgers jerseys on the market I would put the value at about 7k if he wins today imo. His throwback sold for about 8k with tax, but I can see why someone would pay that for a packers throwback. Peyton doesnt command 11,500 because there are about a ton of Peyton jerseys out there. How many are at auction now? 5?

You dont sound that impressed with Rodgers as a QB, why is that? You bring up 30 TDs (is that the big number for QBs or something?) but Brady has only done that twice and never won a SB either year he did. Rodgers has had 2 4,000 yard years with only 3 years of starting. Brady has had 3 in 10 years, so I dont know how you can look at Rodgers first 3 years starting and not be blown away.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    Never said it deserved the price they were asking. If it doesnt sell for 7k or watever it was at on Ebay I cant imagine JO getting more. Brees is a lock? How does that work? Is he that much better than the rest of the NFC? Doubt it. Bradford? Wait and see on him I think is what you have said before. As far as the Packers selling Rodgers jerseys they started out selling them at 4k, I should know I bought the first one they offered. Who knows if they will sell jerseys again, they are strange about that. With only 5-6 Rodgers jerseys on the market I would put the value at about 7k if he wins today imo. His throwback sold for about 8k with tax, but I can see why someone would pay that for a packers throwback. Peyton doesnt command 11,500 because there are about a ton of Peyton jerseys out there. How many are at auction now? 5?

You dont sound that impressed with Rodgers as a QB, why is that? You bring up 30 TDs (is that the big number for QBs or something?) but Brady has only done that twice and never won a SB either year he did. Rodgers has had 2 4,000 yard years with only 3 years of starting. Brady has had 3 in 10 years, so I dont know how you can look at Rodgers first 3 years starting and not be blown away.
    The way those jerseys sold not just of Rodgers but of the rest of the team Id be shocked if they didnt sell them again. They will be hot next year win or lose today. If they lose people will think ok if they were healthier they would have won. Then next year when the IR guys are back theyd be the hot team. And if they win well we all know what will happen everyone will want anything Pack. Brees is a lock in my book because he has been there every year but twice since 2004 and throws for well over 4,000 plus yards and 30 tds every single year. He is also NFC qb that many view as HOF lock now that Bretts done. I agree that Bradford, etc. are wait and see I was just mentioning up and coming qbs that COULD compete for spots. 6-7k if they win would be fair today but then what is he gets another concussion next year and misses 6 games, the value will drop. My point on Peyton was if he suffers career ending injury tommorrow hes going to Canton and hes established his legacy so I would value it higher because there is no risk really involved. There are a few Peyton jerseys on market but then his careers much longer so thats to be expected. If 5-6 Rodgers hit market a year by time hes Peytons age he will have as many if not more on market. Of course a 3rd year starter is going to be scarcer than a guy playing since 1998. Dont get me wrong I want a Rodgers and next year if they sell them I hope to get one.

As far as Brady he threw 50 tds once. Rodgers hasnt approached that. As far as yards its a meaningless stat. Brady has done it twice. Ben once. And they have five rings combined today possibly six. You know who else has two 4,000 seasons in past three years? Eli Manning. Do I think Rodgers is very good? Yes I do and I would have put him over Ryan in Pro Bowl this year but I am just cautious about any young player until he has played five plus years.

The way those jerseys sold not just of Rodgers but of the rest of the team Id be shocked if they didnt sell them again. They will be hot next year win or lose today. If they lose people will think ok if they were healthier they would have won. Then next year when the IR guys are back theyd be the hot team. And if they win well we all know what will happen everyone will want anything Pack. Brees is a lock in my book because he has been there every year but twice since 2004 and throws for well over 4,000 plus yards and 30 tds every single year. He is also NFC qb that many view as HOF lock now that Bretts done. I agree that Bradford, etc. are wait and see I was just mentioning up and coming qbs that COULD compete for spots. 6-7k if they win would be fair today but then what is he gets another concussion next year and misses 6 games, the value will drop. My point on Peyton was if he suffers career ending injury tommorrow hes going to Canton and hes established his legacy so I would value it higher because there is no risk really involved. There are a few Peyton jerseys on market but then his careers much longer so thats to be expected. If 5-6 Rodgers hit market a year by time hes Peytons age he will have as many if not more on market. Of course a 3rd year starter is going to be scarcer than a guy playing since 1998. Dont get me wrong I want a Rodgers and next year if they sell them I hope to get one.

As far as Brady he threw 50 tds once. Rodgers hasnt approached that. As far as yards its a meaningless stat. Brady has done it twice. Ben once. And they have five rings combined today possibly six. You know who else has two 4,000 seasons in past three years? Eli Manning. Do I think Rodgers is very good? Yes I do and I would have put him over Ryan in Pro Bowl this year but I am just cautious about any young player until he has played five plus years.
    Well if you want to start a thread in general sports I would love to discuss how you feel yards and QB ratings are meaningless while TDs are meaningful. We can even talk about the benefits of watching other teams walkthroughs. But today is about the Packers and Steelers, with two great QBs who each have a shot at making a big statement on their careers today.

But your right as far as collecting its much safer to wait 5 or so years before you start collecting a player. I feel bad for anyone who paid top dollar for a Merriman jersey.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Hail to the Champions!!

SUPER BOWL XLV...victorious!!