Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

View Poll Results: What is a good move or bad move on Palmerio's part?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Move

2 13.33%
  • Bad Move

13 86.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Palmeiro still insists he never used steroids

Was this a good or bad move on Palmerio's part? I think it was a bad move.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...-palmeiro-peds
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Re: Palmeiro still insists he never used steroids

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Was this a good or bad move on Palmerio's part? I think it was a bad move.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...-palmeiro-peds
    My reasoning for it being a bad move is, he didn't add anything new to the situation that would help his case. Bringing it back up, a week before the Baseball Writers Association of America announces its inductees to baseball’s Hall of Fame, just makes it look worse for him, and makes him look pitiful, IMO.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

At this point, with all of the ways players are getting caught, if he failed one test and he still swears that he didnt use steroids intentionally, I may have to lean towards believing him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
    At this point, with all of the ways players are getting caught, if he failed one test and he still swears that he didnt use steroids intentionally, I may have to lean towards believing him.
    I agree - anyone know why LADY JUSTICE is wearing a blindfold? It's because evidence/justice should be meted out objectively. Seems the blindfold has been removed and people are being judged by the media and public opinion instead of the evidence.

Just an opinion - hope I didn't offend anyone.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    I agree - anyone know why LADY JUSTICE is wearing a blindfold? It's because evidence/justice should be meted out objectively. Seems the blindfold has been removed and people are being judged by the media and public opinion instead of the evidence.

Just an opinion - hope I didn't offend anyone.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net
    The evidence is there - in a failed drug test. Palmeiro is guilty as heck; he must think the populace is gullible enough to believe him.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

How would you like to be a member of the Hall of Fame voting commitee now? This stuff probably was happening before testing was established.

As stated below, he definately did not help his cause!

-Tim

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    The evidence is there - in a failed drug test. Palmeiro is guilty as heck; he must think the populace is gullible enough to believe him.
    Drug tests are flawed - I didn't read or hear about a 2nd test given to confirm the 1st test. Was one ever given? Has anyone seen the written document outling exactly what chemicals were found in the test sample? If such a document wasn't seen, who's to say the writer was accurate in his findings?

Hey, I am NOT defending Palmeiro or any of the others. It's called "DUE PROCESS" and we're all entitled to it. Since MLB didn't seem to do such a terrific job in investigating the entire steroid saga, if I were a writer and had a vote, I would base my decision on the "EVIDENCE" instead of rumor or innunedo.

With that said, if I were a writer and the dear Commissioner of baseball came up for induction into the Hall of Fame, I would NOT ever vote for him because of his handling of the entire steroid saga. Although he didn't hit a single pitch or throw and single ball, he failed to safeguard the intregrity of the game.

Hope I did NOT offend anyone - just an opinion.

Jim

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cohibasmoker View Post
    Drug tests are flawed - I didn't read or hear about a 2nd test given to confirm the 1st test. Was one ever given? Has anyone seen the written document outling exactly what chemicals were found in the test sample? If such a document wasn't seen, who's to say the writer was accurate in his findings?

Hey, I am NOT defending Palmeiro or any of the others. It's called "DUE PROCESS" and we're all entitled to it. Since MLB didn't seem to do such a terrific job in investigating the entire steroid saga, if I were a writer and had a vote, I would base my decision on the "EVIDENCE" instead of rumor or innunedo.

With that said, if I were a writer and the dear Commissioner of baseball came up for induction into the Hall of Fame, I would NOT ever vote for him because of his handling of the entire steroid saga. Although he didn't hit a single pitch or throw and single ball, he failed to safeguard the intregrity of the game.

Hope I did NOT offend anyone - just an opinion.

Jim
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2123113

Reportedly it was Stanozolol a very powerful steroid not available in any type of over the counter dietary supplements or otherwise. I don't recall either ever hearing of a B test sample that was given.

The circumstances around Palmeiro are odd given that he was well over 500 homers and closing in on 3000 career hits, why would he risk taking steroids assuming that this was either a mistake as he claimed or done at the very end of his career in what would end up literally costing him his legacy and a chance to add to already incredible numbers by being forced into hiding?

Around Baltimore, HOF pitcher Jim Palmer who was an analyst for the O's in 2005 claims that watching Raffy in batting practice and taking live pitching during the 2005 season, it was obvious that his bat speed was rapidly decreasing and he was struggling to catch up to fastballs. Palmer hypothesized that he may have been so desperate to reach a plateau in 3000 hits and 500 plus homers that only 3 other men had ever achieved that he was willing to do anything to get to that level.

I am not completely convinced that he is not on some level telling the truth. On one hand, with the rapant apparent use of steroids by various players in the O's locker room during that time period, it would appear that they would have been readily available, yet maybe he really thought he was getting a B-12 shot from Tejada. Why one however would not go directly to the trainer for something like that really makes zero sense. In that regard, it seems almost ridiculous to even suggest that he is in fact telling the truth.

The one other telling factor in this, is that Tejada has never, ever came forward and said something like, it must have been a tainted shot or yes, Raffy was getting B-12 shots from me and something must have happened or anything. I don't recall him ever offering any measure of support for Palmeiro at all which in and of itself is rather telling that perhaps he is just keeping his mouth shut as he knows that this is a whole load of crap.

Banned

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/24/sp...4palmeiro.html

Sorry I was wrong, Tejada did deny that it was anything other than B-12

Joe

Banned

One look at his career numbers and you can tell about when he started taking steroids.