Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What are your favorite pickups of 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by gameused View Post
    What's the name of the player?
    Name:  102952832.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  44.8 KB

Name:  102952834.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  42.8 KB

Name:  rox7082seqn_.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  103.6 KB

Name:  rox7078seqn_.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  110.0 KB

Name:  rox7068seqn_.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  170.9 KBDrew Stubbs... these are all pictures taken of him using the bat or shortly after (rounding bases, etc).

For those that don't follow the Reds, hes young and has got a lot of pop to his bat for such a speedster and dynamic center fielder... maybe a distant cousin of Eric Davis (kidding of course). Hopefully he'll be a World Series Champion center fielder for us one day, too.

Between his name (my son is Andrew) and him seeming a clean cut youthful athlete, his bat seemed like the right choice.

Now, if only I can find the Johnny Bench bat that I want for myself to commemorate my own childhood adventures at Riverfront Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by dplettn View Post
    2010 was the start of the game used hobby for me. We took our 2 year old to the Reds home playoff game and having myself been a baby/toddler during the Big Red Machine days, I wanted to get my son something really unique at the Pro Shop inside the stadium to give him later to commemorate the event.

The bat was cracked in the 8th inning of a game, but I later found AP photos of him using the same bat to hit two home runs earlier in the game.

The experience fascinated me, and I am now a game used item enthusiast... having gotten some Reds stuff and even Bengals (laugh it up everybody).

Happy New Year, Everyone!

Welcome to the board Dan, glad to have another Reds collector here!!!
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

mine would have to be jason taylors 02 jersey vs the bears signed, with a 30th anniv patch of the perfect season.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

This Hamilton bat signed to my son, Leaton.

------------------------------------------------
    Josh Hamilton gamers WANTED

NCBADGES@embarqmail.com

ACTS 4:10

Its gotta be this baby, just got it today, but ordered it in 2010 haha.

-Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

For me it would have to be the last two items I purchased....a Rickey Watters GU 49ers jersey and a Bryant Young GU 49ers jerseys. A couple of my favorite former Notre Dame players courtesy of a fellow forum member.

Quote Originally Posted by rdeversole View Post
    I figured we should have a thread about our favorite pickups of the year. If there's already a thread on this, I missed it. Photos are a must!

My favorite pickups would have to be my 2010 Adam Dunn LVS bat used to hit all 3 Home Runs in his only 3 HR game on 7/7/10 (and 2 more on 7/9/10) and my 2010 Joey Votto game used road jersey that was last used in the Roy Halladay NLDS historic game and is photomatched to games throughout the year. I have Andrew Lang and John Taube to thank on the Dunn and Mark Fugate and the Reds on the Votto. I also have to mention my Josh Willingham 2010 Set 1 alternate, probably used for most or all of the season. Thanks again to Andrew Lang on that one. Sorry for the terrible photos!
    Ryan - You have had quite the year! Glad to help out in 2 of your 3 favorite pickups!! I just commented on the HR bat thread about the Dunn bat. I am hoping you photomatch that sweet Willingham jersey to a few HRs too. By the way, awesome Votto too!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by Masimen View Post
    Sweet Dunn and Vott items!!

I had a really good year collecting wise, but my favorite is my latest. Jorge Posada glove photomatched to the 2001 playoffs all the way through game 3 of the WS. This would include The Jeter "flip play". Been lucky enough to photo match it to about 10 different playoff and WS pics. The only oddity is that he signed it "game used 07" Assuming he just signed it in 07 and dated it that way. Either way, this is my best pickup this year if not ever.
    Another piece with historic significance. Did the person who sold it to you know it had all that history with it?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Another piece with historic significance. Did the person who sold it to you know it had all that history with it?
    Hey Andrew, Neither of us knew. It was just a transaction for a Jorge game used glove. Wasn't till after that fact that I discovered the significance of the glove. The seller is a member here and he was very gracious about the whole thing and even congratulated me on doing the homework and finding the match. From what I can tell I am the 4th owner and I am surprised that nobody figured it out sooner as I have been able to photo match it to about a dozen pics from the playoffs and WS.

Most of my collection is centered around Michigan-based hockey teams, so a Flint Spirits jersey had always been one of my grails.

As a HUGE fan of the old International Hockey League, this jersey is just incredible, considering the achievements reached while Cullen was wearing this jersey.

During the 1987-88 season, Cullen was named the league's MVP and Co-ROY (with Ed Belfour). He set the all-time record for points in a season with 157, and assisted on 109 goals, the second-most helpers in league history.

Couple the significance of this jersey on the IHL, with the amazing wear and customizations, and you've got my absolute favorite jersey! I don't know if I will ever acquire another shirt that can even compare to this one!