Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

C. Ripken Jersey Back!

I noted currently on eBay was the jersey that was originally pulled from the Hunt Auction last summer with "C. Ripken" on the back that originated from the Chilli Davis collection.

Appears as if the eBay seller is Chilli's own brother:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAL-RIPKEN-JERSE...item230d29596b

As I discussed with the people @ Hunt Auction's last June, other than the day that the Orioles unveiled their new uniform design in December of 1988, the Orioles have never used a first initial on a game used jersey to distinguish Cal, Cal Sr. or Billy.....Just a few wire photos from that season:

Banned

Exclamation Re: C. Ripken Jersey Back!

Good news:

Item has been temporarily pulled as seller checks with Rawlings for more information.

Bad news:

Seller is using an explanation of "I never said it was game worn/used" to defend the item.

Dave Miedema

Re: C. Ripken Jersey Back!

Dave:

I guess I jumped to conclusions with that $3000 opening bid...You would have thought that he would have made that phone call to Rawlings last June when Hunt Auctions pulled it from their marquee All Star Auction....

My bad.....

Ripken jersey is back on eBay again; appears as if Chilli's brother found a buyer for it (who is now attempting to sell it):

http://cgi.ebay.com/1989-CAL-RIPKEN-...item27b94a77d7

Why people even bother with this laughable fake is beyond me. The sleeve piping is the right color pattern for 89, but in the wrong place. The strip tag should be a flag tag and shouldn't be sewn OVER the Rawlings tag. Nice job of getting the name plate on, but the "C" is a nice, LARGE sign telling you to run away really fast.