Anybody going to the Royals Fanfest?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdeversole
    • Dec 2009

Re: Anybody going to the Royals Fanfest?

If anybody could look and see if they had any Mark Teahen jerseys available, I would love to pick one! My email is rdeversole@gmail.com
    - CINCINNATI REDS/JOEY VOTTO BATS
    Email: rdeversole@gmail.com Twitter: @dugoutrelics

Comment

• CampWest
      • May 2008

Originally posted by rj_lucas
      Anybody know what time Moustakas will be signing on Friday or Saturday? Looking to get my Blue Rocks jersey signed. Moose was the 2009 Blue Rocks Player of the Year.

Rick
      rickjlucas@gmail.com
      They don't announce signing times in advance. At least not publicly.
      sigpic
      Wes Campbell

Comment

• CampWest
        • May 2008

Fun night at the Season Ticket Holders Preview Event. Crowds were quite a bit smaller than I was used to - so I actually waited in some small lines for autographs.

Took in 4 unsigned game used bats and got all four signed. Got the following bats signed:

Billy Butler 2009 Mothers Day bat - Billy got a kick out of seeing that one.

Kevin Seitzer 1992 game used bat - Interesting tid bit, Has Royals team name on barrel but #20 on knob, which means Kevin took this bat to Milwaukee - He wore #33 with Royals in injury shortened 1991. Once I pointed that out to Kevin, he got even more interested. I asked him how many Royals bats from 1991 he had taken to Milwaukee in 1992 and he said it "couldn't have been many, maybe just this one."

Willie Wilson - brown 1980-83 LVS got a great silver sharpie auto. Willie immediately asked with his typical joking sarcastic tone, "where'd you get my bat?" I jestered back, "Out of your locker back in 1981 when I was 7 years old." He laughed. He enjoyed checking out his old lumber and taking a break from all the postcards. I pointed out to him that he must have loaned it to Hal McRae, because it has a #11 on the knob and Willie demanded he must have used it himself too, because it had his tape job on the handle and said he and Hal used to swap bats all the time. He gripped it and checked the weight and balance and declared it was ready to be put back into use.

Also got a Brian McRae bat signed.

The highlight though was finally getting my 2003 18&Under Team USA Billy Butler jersey signed - been working on getting that one for a few years and now it can finally go in the display. Billy was very cool and added a "Game Used '03" for me and signed an extra ball for my friend to put in a charity auction. Later, I met Billy's wife and we chatted a bit and she thought the USA jersey was about the coolest thing. She said Billy's dad owns almost all of the Team USA jerseys that Billy ever wore (he played on I think 2001 16U, 2003 18U, & 2006 Olympic Qualifying Team).

Also got some other 1985 players on a baseball.

Checked out the Royals Charities Store and grabbed one cool item, a signed game used Mike Aviles batting helmet - and the price couldn't be beat. For fellow members, I looked for Kila Ka'aihue bats/jerseys, Greinke game used, Ankiel jerseys, etc. And no luck. The bats were mostly Jose Guillen, Yuniesky Betancourt and a bunch of scrubs. They jacked bat prices way up. Last year was 30 unsigned 40 signed. This year was 40 unsigned and 75 signed - like any of these guys signatures is worth 35 dollars. And surprise they were not selling many bats. The checkout was totally jacked too. Just two registers for the Charity Store AND the team apparel store combined - at one point the wait was over 30 minutes for checkout.
        sigpic
        Wes Campbell

Comment

• CampWest
          • May 2008

Originally posted by CampWest
          They don't announce signing times in advance. At least not publicly.
          I did learn tonight that they announce players to appear about 5minutes in advance on Twitter. Not sure if that helps much, but at least would help you know what line to get into.
          sigpic
          Wes Campbell

Comment

• Dach0sen0ne
            • Jul 2010

Do the Royals sell game used baseballs at the stadium or anywhere else?

Comment

• rj_lucas
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Dach0sen0ne
              Do the Royals sell game used baseballs at the stadium or anywhere else?
              Yes, they do sell them at the stadium, although it's hit and miss as far as which games they'll have. It's not like the Cardinals, where you can buy a ball from any home game. The Royals prices are way high too.

Every ball will have an MLB holo. I'm guessing the balls go to MLB to get entered into the database and then get sent back to the teams, because it's usually about 1-2 months after a game before you'll see the balls for sale in the Royals team store.

Rick
              rickjlucas@gmail.com

Comment

Working...