Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tebow game jersey

does anyone know if this is a legit Tebow Broncos game jersey? thank you

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-TIM-TEBOW-D...item35af1ac334

Banned

Re: Tebow game jersey

Jo Sports has one for sale that came directly from the Broncos. The inside swatch tag reads "10-48-A" and also no tag on the bottom hem that I can see. They want 10 grand for it but I can assure you it's real.

http://josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=5178

The one on ebay looks like a custom job (name and number added to a pro cut)

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    Jo Sports has one for sale that came directly from the Broncos. The inside swatch tag reads "10-48-A" and also no tag on the bottom hem that I can see. They want 10 grand for it but I can assure you it's real.

http://josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=5178

The one on ebay looks like a custom job (name and number added to a pro cut)

Just my opinion.

Agreed 100%

It is listed as GAME ISSUED in the description.

thanks so is it a legitimate game jersey even though it is game issued or like another member mentioned, was it a blank that was customized?

Banned

I'm confused also. The item is being sold as the same style jersey Tebow wears - Never do they claim it is game used. I see diffrences, but the tagging really very similar to the tagging in the JO jersey:

eBay Jersey:

Name:  tt1.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  74.5 KB

JO Jersey:

Name:  tt2.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  58.5 KB

if it came "directly from the nfl and broncos" it should have some sort of paperwork.

Is it just me or do the numbers look "off"?
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Banned

The jersey being offered on ebay is a DIFFERENT STYLE than what Tebow wears on the field. The one on ebay is a different cut.

IMO a "Game Issued" jersey would have Tebows style cut to what he actually wears and have been sourced from the Broncos like the one Jo Sports has.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    The jersey being offered on ebay is a DIFFERENT STYLE than what Tebow wears on the field. The one on ebay is a different cut.

IMO a "Game Issued" jersey would have Tebows style cut to what he actually wears and have been sourced from the Broncos like the one Jo Sports has.
    Yes, when you are a buyer a "Game Issued" jersey should be identical to what a player wears. Game cut, game ready.

Then again, when you are a seller, a "Game Issued" jersey is tagged similarly to what the player wears. It may not be prepared for game use, but it can be similar if it could be altered-hemmed for game use.

I just noticed the description that the jersey came from The NFL and The Denver Broncos, and yes, that should have documentation, such as a NFL Auctions COA. I would contact the seller if you are thinking about buying this and asked them why there is no letter.

I have no comment on the Tim Tebow jersey in question, but I would like to clarify a couple of items mentioned in this thread.

I have made a number of bulk buys directly from teams in my 36 years in the hobby. I can attest that there will inevitably be jerseys in the mix that have not yet been customized for the particular player for game use. The confusion comes in the definitions being used. The jersey that has yet to be customized is definitely not "game-ready", but is it "team-issued" or "game-issued"? For me, it is much simpler to state in the description whether the jersey does or does not show any obvious signs of game use along with any other important details about the jersey (such as customization, etc.). Doing so tends to avoid any confusion and misconception about the jersey.

Another misconception is the belief that if it came directly from the team, it should have some sort of paperwork. I have bought thousands of jerseys directly from teams over the years and have yet to ask for any paperwork. I had one team provide COAs and others offer, but since I deal mainly in common players, I do not see the need as most collectors that I deal with do not demand COAs.

In general - from my experiences - teams tend to have a difficult time discerning the difference between items that are game-worn and not game-worn, and are willing to issue certificates on anything that resided in the locker room. I've also discovered that most collectors could not care less about paperwork - especially with regards to inexpensive jerseys of common players - so there is no need in wasting team personnel's time in writing COAs.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Looking for WFL, Atlanta Falcons, NFL/AFL durene jerseys, and Willie McGee and Darren Lewis equipment.