Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Re: BCS Championship game

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    That field was a disgrace. Jason Smith, on ESPN Radio All-Night played what seemed like 3 minutes worth of sound bites in which announcer Mike Tirico was describing a player slipping and falling.

The game, as it was, was exciting...can't do much better than a last-second field goal to produce a victory. Both teams were in it...no blowout here . Still, you have to wonder what the game COULD have been if the field was of truly playable quality...

Dave Miedema
    Could you imagine if they played the game in Boise, ID on blue turf?

Re: BCS Championship game

Auburn's team took 3500 pairs of cleats to the game as stated by the equipment manager. They wanted to have the right pairs for the turf so the took several different styles for each player. I .m surprised that despite the many different cleats the conditions were still that bad. I can't imagine why you would need 3500 pairs of cleats for a team, but even worse than that I can't imagine not having a pair to keep you footing out of 3500 pairs.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com