Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jim Paek Penguins Did he ever wear #38?

I'd need some help identifying a jersey. I have a Jim Paek Pitt. Penguins game-used jersey. It's No. 38 and does not appear to be a number change. I know Paek wore #2 with the Penguins, but did he ever wear #38? Could it be a training camp jersey?

Thanks, in advance.

Joe

Re: Jim Paek Penguins Did he ever wear #38?

If no one can help you, I can ask him next time I see him. I frequent Grand Rapids Griffins games.

He only played 3 games in 90/91 at the beginning of the season before going to the Canadian National team. He is only listed as wearing #2 for them and the picture I saw from those games on his rookie card had him wearing #2

Jiri Hrdina wore #38 from the time he was traded to the Pens on December 13th, 1990 until he retired after playing 56 games with them the next season.

That leaves his last season with the Pens and all pics I could see of him were in #2.

In the minors, he wore #3 for Muskegon.

Deductively, Jim is the only Paek to play in the NHL/AHL/IHL etc. Therefore, I would think the jersey is most likely worn in a Preseason between when he was drafted in 1985 and when he made the show in 1990. If you post photos, I can help you narrow down season and forward you some info on long term Pens collectors who may be able to assist you further. The hockey guy at Lelands Auctions, Casey Samuellson is truly a Pens guru, I'd suggest emailing him through the auction site.

Hope I helped.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Like gingi said. Casey is the Penguins expert. He has an amazing Penguins collection of game used stuff. I think he even has some of the very rare yellow Sunday alternate jerseys from early 80's the Pens used. He also runs a Penguins collectibles/research website, don't know name of it off hand. I think he may even been a member on this site. I;m sure if he reads this, he will know what deal is. My guess would be a preseason jersey.

Best option is to just send Jim an email & ask.. Had a friend that emailed another one of the coaches on the Griffins & received a reply..
    Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

Quote Originally Posted by Sincityson View Post
    Best option is to just send Jim an email & ask.. Had a friend that emailed another one of the coaches on the Griffins & received a reply..
    Or contact him via linkedin:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jim-paek/27/849/945
    Following Game Used/Worn auctions and team sales: www.twitter.com/gameused

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    He only played 3 games in 90/91 at the beginning of the season before going to the Canadian National team. He is only listed as wearing #2 for them and the picture I saw from those games on his rookie card had him wearing #2

Jiri Hrdina wore #38 from the time he was traded to the Pens on December 13th, 1990 until he retired after playing 56 games with them the next season.

That leaves his last season with the Pens and all pics I could see of him were in #2.

In the minors, he wore #3 for Muskegon.

Deductively, Jim is the only Paek to play in the NHL/AHL/IHL etc. Therefore, I would think the jersey is most likely worn in a Preseason between when he was drafted in 1985 and when he made the show in 1990. If you post photos, I can help you narrow down season and forward you some info on long term Pens collectors who may be able to assist you further. The hockey guy at Lelands Auctions, Casey Samuellson is truly a Pens guru, I'd suggest emailing him through the auction site.

Hope I helped.
    That is a huge help. I'll try and get some pictures up on Friday. Thank you very much.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Sincityson View Post
    Thank you very much! I will try that and let you know how it went.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by indyred View Post
    Like gingi said. Casey is the Penguins expert. He has an amazing Penguins collection of game used stuff. I think he even has some of the very rare yellow Sunday alternate jerseys from early 80's the Pens used. He also runs a Penguins collectibles/research website, don't know name of it off hand. I think he may even been a member on this site. I;m sure if he reads this, he will know what deal is. My guess would be a preseason jersey.
    Thank you.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by xmartyx View Post
    If no one can help you, I can ask him next time I see him. I frequent Grand Rapids Griffins games.
    If you wouldn't mind, that would be pretty neat. Thanks.
    Joe