Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Notes of the Ted Williams bat on eBay

I certainly noticed this TW bat that was originally put on with a $50 minimum bid, as it is an 01 model from before 1950.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:WNA:US:1123

I was going to bid but saw a few flags I should share:

The centerbrand is c-14 as shown by the style of the 125 and the lettering. See Vince Malta's book for details, as it looks alot like the C-13. The issue here is that the C-14 started in 1948 and Williams stopped ordering the O1 in early 1947...thus this bat may well authenticate as an index bat. By 1948, williams was using the W148. Still valuable, but not what I was after.

Also, the seller told me there is no game use on the bat, though the photos look like there might be some scrapes.

Still worth good money, but likely not gonna get authenticated as a high-grade example. Caveat Emptor.

Matt

Re: Notes of the Ted Williams bat on eBay

Thank You for the heads up, i was definately ready to bid thinking somebody was gonna get a bargain at 2k.

Hi Matt,
    I dont know you, but this is the second time other readers assumed I was you and emailed me about posts that you made. If you could sign your posts with a last name or email address that would be great when you address an issue such as label dating or other serious issues regarding vintage bats.
    Thanks
    Matt Hart
    Bub13@aol.com

I'm sure this bat will come to light in the future as I believe Dave Bushing bought the bat.