Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Worst Fan Fest Experiences

I dont know which is funnier the fact people can not have a bad day or the people saying "I would have kicked the crap out of them" yet didnt do a thing. stop it, they where athletes even out of shape still would whoop you and lets not ignore you did NOTHING but walk away. So stop with the tough guy routines no one is buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by gingi79 View Post
    Harmon Killebrew should run a clinic that all athletes must attend on how to act at a signing. Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, these men are much more talented than the bozos we hear about and yet they acted like I was doing THEM a favor talking football and asking for their autograph. They both thanked me for my support, offered smiles, handshakes and genuine appreciation.
    There are plenty of young guys with the same, good attitude, and it's always a pleasure to run into them. I got the Diamondbacks' new arm, Josh Collmenter, to sign a photo in the Fall League last year, and when I thanked him, he said, "Thank YOU!" During that same season, Bryce Harper never signed before a game, but after every home game he stood at the end of the dugout and signed for everybody. After he'd signed a baseball for me, I said, "Have a great career!" and he responded, "Thank you, sir." Some parents did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by nycpropain View Post
    I dont know which is funnier the fact people can not have a bad day or the people saying "I would have kicked the crap out of them" yet didnt do a thing. stop it, they where athletes even out of shape still would whoop you and lets not ignore you did NOTHING but walk away. So stop with the tough guy routines no one is buying them.
    If you would have read the entire story, he insulted a young boy and his father. I was not the one he swore at. So why would I personally take try to "beat him" for that? Also, had you ACTUALLY read the story, it was HIS golf tournament and there was simply zero excuse for his behavior that day. People who give athletes the "bad day" pass slay me when the athlete chooses to be in a public venue and acts like an @ss.

You sound like someone who is just on here to start something when there is no need to. These days I am in my 30s and too old to care. However, just for the record, when I met Charles Woodson I was in my mid 20s, and at the time benched 340 lbs as I was a gym rat in college. Have you ever seen Charles Woodson? He is not a lineman or a LB, he is a corner. How about not making sarcastic comments when you do not know the situation.

This will be my one and only response to your juvenile post, so do not expect a long, "tough guy" typing match from me.

Ted Williams at a Hofstra University show in Long Island New york...

Mind you he is getting paid for everything he signs. Fans are out the door of the gym just for him. They are handing him baseballs. He is not looking up, signs the balls and does not acknowledge any fan at all.

And get this...rolls the signed balls back to the fans instead of handing back..how he recieved it.

Man...I remember many people complaing to show promoter cause many of the autographs had been smudged as they were rolled back.

I was at another table sitting with Chuck "The Rifleman" Connors and we just looked over in disbelief...even Chuck said Williamd was an ASS!

That's just one of my stories...

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    Not a fan fest, but I paid top dollar years ago in Napa, CA to go to the Charles Woodson Charity Golf event. Keep in mind, HE is holding the event. It was on like a Tuesday, and was hot as b@lls up there. So, there are TONS of Raider and football legends there, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Jim Plunkett, etc...all of these guys were nice in signing (especially Jerry Rice, the greatest player ever!)

The LAST one to come in is Chucky Woodson. It just so happens, as fate would have it, I am sitting on a bench outside the golf store and a nice young lady starts chatting with me. It was none other than Charles girlfriend (who he may or may not still be with). She goes on to tell me most of the players are easy to approach, and I should not hesitate to ask for autos, since why else would I be there with the handful of other fans that shelled out big money. Long story short, Charlie gets off his golf cart with some Bay Area rapper, E-60 or some crap. So, two children with a Dad, a middle age guy and myself approach Chucky. THAT'S IT...at HIS charity event! Why does he start cursing under his breath and tugging his golf hat to his eyes at the sight of us, then mutters "here we go with this s#!t". I am amazed. One of the little kids hands him a pict of him and Brady in the "tuck rule" game, and he says "Naw, I'm not signing that bulls#!t". If I were the Father, I would have punched him out.

I hear now that Mr. '09 DPOY is in Green Bay, he has matured. OK, once from Michigan, always an @ss, but maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, I am a Steelers fan, so to he!! with Chucky Woodson.
    went to a charity event last year that Charles put on. One of the nicest athletes I have met. Super polite, asked about me, made sure to sign multiple autographs for everyone, and towards the end came over and asked how the night went.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    went to a charity event last year that Charles put on. One of the nicest athletes I have met. Super polite, asked about me, made sure to sign multiple autographs for everyone, and towards the end came over and asked how the night went.
    I am actually glad to hear he has changed. Maybe he needed to mature, maybe he needed to get out of Oakland...who knows?

It does not alter my personal experience with the guy, but I do believe people can change. So good for him if he has grown older and wiser.