Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Since it was 2 inches longer it sounds like this may be a bat he only uses for BP. He has been known to use very long and heavy bats in BP.

There is a great video of him in the cages in Las Vegas :

http://www.nationalsenquirer.com/201...-on-earth.html
    Lets see some pics of the knob. May be able to match it to the video too!

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    I agree, but doesn't the marks on the bat indicate the presence of a donut ring!?!?! Just throwing that out there.

-Tony
    He can always use a donut getting loose for BP

Are you going to keep the bat 100% and see how he does the next few years? It'd be a tough call for me seeing what happened to Strasburg though it probably takes more bad luck to lose a swing than it does to hurt an arm. And nothing says SS won't bounce back. Wonder how other collectors will view this bat is comparison to other Harper bats if you can build a solid package for the photomatch and first pro game, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    I agree, but doesn't the marks on the bat indicate the presence of a donut ring!?!?! Just throwing that out there.

-Tony
    I saw him warm-up outside the cage with a sleeve so maybe/maybe not.
    To me as a huge Nationals collector, it doesn't matter much as any "used" bat of his that can be sourced properly will be huge if he lives up to his potential. This bat could possibly be his 1st pro BP bat.

What this kid has accomplished in High School, College and the AFL has been nothing short of amazing. We know his real age so this isn't a kid from another country where we question "is he really 18?".

I have met him and seen him in person. Just hoping all goes to the optimum plan and he lives up to his own expectations.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Andrew what was your perception of him on a personal/professional level?

During the fall league he was very standoffish with the fans and spent much time with his headphones on and his head down. I don't necessarily think it was he is a bad guy i think it was more a case of a huge crush of people that he is demand by and being so young it is very overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post

During the fall league he was very standoffish with the fans and spent much time with his headphones on and his head down. I don't necessarily think it was he is a bad guy i think it was more a case of a huge crush of people that he is demand by and being so young it is very overwhelming.
    I have heard he can be a "dick". But I am totally fine with that. He is an athlete not a role model. Ty Cobb was a dick...

If this is his BP bat I am totally fine with that. I now know he had and used the bat the night of his Professional Debut. In my mind that is pretty damn special.

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post

Are you going to keep the bat 100% and see how he does the next few years? It'd be a tough call for me seeing what happened to Strasburg though it probably takes more bad luck to lose a swing than it does to hurt an arm. And nothing says SS won't bounce back. Wonder how other collectors will view this bat is comparison to other Harper bats if you can build a solid package for the photomatch and first pro game, etc.
    I guess everything has it's price, but I am pretty sure I want to hold on to this for a while. Best case scenario is that he accomplishes his goal and becomes "The best player that has ever played the game, I want to be the best hitter who's ever played the game. I want to hit .430" Worst case is he just stays the most hyped prospect since Jesus.

He is basically the Tiger Woods of baseball. He played in his six year old brothers little league team when he was 3... That is part of what makes him a "Dick". He has done nothing but live baseball since birth. Here a piece ESPN did on him before the draft. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4394893

Back to the bat. I will post some more pics as requested. What are some worth estimates for a package with prof that this is the bat he used at his pro debut?

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandAsFan View Post

My family was part of a video VIP reception w/ Bryce Harper at his 1st Nats appearance in Washington after he signed his contract.

He was very nice and willing to sign anything they had so he signed their shirts and a baseball for each of them.

Name:  Bryce_Harper_Jake_2010a.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  16.0 KB

Name:  Bryce_Harper_Jake_2010b.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  17.1 KB

Name:  Bryce_Harper_Jake_2010c.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  18.0 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    My family was part of a video VIP reception w/ Bryce Harper at his 1st Nats appearance in Washington after he signed his contract.

He was very nice and willing to sign anything they had so he signed their shirts and a baseball for each of them.

Attachment 47276

Attachment 47277

Attachment 47278

Anyone that gets 9.9 mill should be more than happy to sign a few things for some kids haha.

Does anyone know if MLB will allow him to use his "Bible Bats"? I know there was a thread talking about him using a bat with "Luke 1:37" on it instead of his name, but do we know if the MLB will allow him to continue using it or will he have to switch to just his name.

I think that would make this bat significantly more rare if they don't let him use the bible verse any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    Does anyone know if MLB will allow him to use his "Bible Bats"? I know there was a thread talking about him using a bat with "Luke 1:37" on it instead of his name, but do we know if the MLB will allow him to continue using it or will he have to switch to just his name.

I think that would make this bat significantly more rare if they don't let him use the bible verse any more.
    I dont see why they wouldn't let him. A player should be able to have whatever engraved into their bats that they want