Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Hey all.

Just wondering if you guys agree that this is a photo match of a Harper Bat. The nick that is to the right of the "M" logo and the distance of the grain sticker (whatever these are actually called, The unpainted circle on the handle).

Thanks.

Re: Photo Matched Bryce Harper bat

Inconclusive (at best)

The "nick" is hard to conclude in the top pic though I gather what you're referring to. I can also imagine how the tar looks to stop at the same point (about 1-2 inches just after the bare wood spot) on both bats.... but again, too hard to know for sure. Could say the same with the ball mark above the barrel labeling.

So although I would not offer a 100% endorsement, there's nothing about it that says it's not a match. Make sense?

Could be your bat and marks do appear close. Just too hard to say a solid photo-match. It has potential. To me a photo-match jumps out at you and marks exactly match up.

Does Harper got a deal marketing his game used stuff? Will be intersting how he does this year. The hype train could just keep building for him.

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post
    Inconclusive (at best)

The "nick" is hard to conclude in the top pic though I gather what you're referring to. I can also imagine how the tar looks to stop at the same point (about 1-2 inches just after the bare wood spot) on both bats.... but again, too hard to know for sure. Could say the same with the ball mark above the barrel labeling.

So although I would not offer a 100% endorsement, there's nothing about it that says it's not a match. Make sense?

Yeah it makes sense, I am trying to get a higher res version of the pic which will help a lot. I also measured the the distance and orientation of the little round cut out on the handle to the end of the logo. It is 9.5 inches. The logo is 3 inches, if you line up the logos down the barrel it is pretty close to exact. The angle will skew the measurement a little bit but you can see it is pretty damn close. (I also enhanced the pic a bit and you can see the nick a bit more clearly.)

Just tried to do a quick search on apimages.com for you and everything that comes up either has different tape job or different colored "M".

Great bat though and hopefully you or someone here can help match it 100%!
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Quote Originally Posted by cliffjmp33 View Post
    Just tried to do a quick search on apimages.com for you and everything that comes up either has different tape job or different colored "M".

Great bat though and hopefully you or someone here can help match it 100%!

yeah this is the only shot of him holding a bat that wasn't taped the whole way up the grip.

Hey I hate to bump this but I have to.

I have done some research and it seems this bat in the picture was taken during batting practice for his AFL debut. I am so beyond excited that I have a bat that he (may) have had at his profesional debut.

I really must photo match this bat, there had to be dozens of people taking photographs during BP.

I am willing to pay for a high resolution shot of him using the same bat in the picture. I am pleading to the people of this site to use the powers that I know you have to find one.

Thank you so much in advance.

Also does anyone know what this bat may be worth?

Ill tell ya, the more I look, the more I get persuaded. Also look at how dirty the maple mark, not saying that doesnt show up on other bats, but it definitely helps the cause.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

That's as close as I have seen someone come on a photomatch on a Nationals era bat of Harper's. I guess that is from the Arizona Fall League.

Hang on to that as that could end of being one of the greatest pieces of memorabilia. That kid is so special. He centers the ball and swings with enormous bat speed and pop.

Watching him in BP is worth the price of admission!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by spartanservitto View Post
    Ill tell ya, the more I look, the more I get persuaded. Also look at how dirty the maple mark, not saying that doesnt show up on other bats, but it definitely helps the cause.

-Tony

I am 100% convinced that it is the same bat. This is the only Harper bat that I have seen that does not have the signature tape job we all know. I am just shocked that this is the only picture I can find of it. I mean it was his Professional debut how was the media not all over the place.

I just need a high res version and it will be set in stone and I can make a sweet display for it.

Also it is crazy how big the bat is. It is a good 2 inches longer than any other bat I own.