Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Mastro Auction "s/s" notation?

In the current Mastro auction in lott 1808 of a 1961 Yankees team autographed ball they list all the signers, however the listing for two are : Yogi Berra (s/s "9-10") and Mickey Mantle (s/s "10"). These are the only two of the listed signers that have anyting after their name. I assume the number is the quality of the autograph but I am unfamiliar with the "s/s". (I know ch stands for clubhouse). If anyone knows what s/s means I would appreciate it if they would let me know. I emailed Mastro but haven't had a response. I might want to bid but not if I don't know what I'm getting. Any help appreciated.

Re: Mastro Auction "s/s" notation?

Sweet spot maybe? I haven't seen the auction, just guessing.

Best thing to do is just email or call them, I believe. That way, you'll get a quick and definite answer. Mastronet is usually pretty good about getting back to emails and taking calls.

Let us know what you find and good luck.
    Reid
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

They both have signed on the sweetspot. Hope this helps

S/S means sweet spot.

OAL, ONL, OML refer to the ball "Official American League" etc.

I got a reply back from Mastro a day later saying s/s did mean sweet spot as had been supposed in the answer following my post. Also found out you can't sign up for their auction the day before it ends which in my experience is unusual. Appreciate the reply which correctly predicted the answer.