Dear members,

Does it just happen to me or has others also experienced whenever you bid on an item the price always reaches your ceiling bid on the item that you won?

I've never confronted any of the auction houses about this but this happened again in this weeks Historic Auctions. To their defense I have not confronted them about this nor do I have any solid proof so I am not accusing them of shill bidding, but I would like to state the facts and hope to hear from others who might of had similar experiences.

In yesterdays Historic Auctions that ended at 9pm, I placed a bid on an item for max $704. At 4 pm, I was the high bidder at $440 with a total of 5 bids on the item. I saved the screenshot just in case, something fishy happens. Well I checked back this morning and guess what? I won the item for $704 with a total of 6 bids! That means someone bidded exactly $640 (10% less than $704) or maybe somewhere between $640-$704 if thats how the software works? But still...at $440 and with the item page clearly stating the next minimum bid at $484 wouldn't someone bid somewhere around that number before jumping that far up especially with the 15 minute rule implemented? This isn't exactly Ebay where you can "snipe" in the seconds!

This has happened to me several times with other auction houses but I never really cared nor did I make any preparations for an argument so I never made it an issue.

I like the item I won even at that price so I may or may not confront Historic Auctions about this but at the same time if something suspicious were to be happening, its something that needs to be addressed.

Although this post may sound so, I am not accusing Historic Auctions of shill bidding, I am merely stating the facts and would like to hear from others.

Thanks in advance,

Goh Nishiyama
Good Eye Sports
www.goodeye-sports.com