Well I guess I shouldn't have expected any different from the cheapest sports franchise in America - The Colorado Rockies.

The Rox have for years now starting doing a 'lottery' for the chance to buy tickets to :

Opening Day
Fireworks Games
and BIG Games (Yankees, Red Sox)

They all have price 'tiers' for games - Classic, Premium, etc where ticket prices go up or down depending on the team.

So today, tickets are supposed to go on sale at 10:00am MST if you have a 'lottery password' which I have.

I called yesterday because I also have an ADA account (disabled vet) and you can't order ADA tickets on-line. I verified many ADA seats available and price ranges, etc and that I needed to CALL the Rockies at 10:00am to order my tickets.

So, 10:00am comes and I call and after a short hold (5 minutes or so) get told that NO, there is now a place on-line that I have to write a message to ticketmaster and request my ADA tickets through them.

I do that (of course I am 10 minutes behind now - a lifetime in an on-line sale) and I get a response that ticketmaster is working on my tickets and someone will contact me shortly - that was over 2 hours ago.

I call the ticketmaster number and get put on hold for 45 minutes, hang up, call the Rockies to get some assistance - you'd think they could hel an ADA acct holder with tickets - but NO, I get sent right back to ticketmaster.

So here I am - no tickets and no on that gives a rat's ass at ticketmaster or the Rockies.

Great Customer Service.