Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Brewers ON DECK (January 30, 2011)

Robin Yount will be at this years event signing autographs. This was just released by the Brewers on their webstite.

Banned

Once again it was another great day at the Brewers On Deck fan fest. The place was crowded like always and the players were great. I didn't hear any complainning about the autograph lines or the new format. I was able to meet and talk to several GUU members during the day. I was able to pick up a few items for myself. I bought 4 Brewers batting helmets Gamel, Hall, Salome, M. Rogers. Also 2 Brewers Negro League 2010 retro complete uniforms of Joe Inglett & Jeff Supan. Also was able to get another gu base and made a trade for this Casy McGeHee gu bat.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

Quote Originally Posted by SkubeBats View Post
    Once again it was another great day at the Brewers On Deck fan fest. The place was crowded like always and the players were great. I didn't hear any complainning about the autograph lines or the new format. I was able to meet and talk to several GUU members during the day. I was able to pick up a few items for myself. I bought 4 Brewers batting helmets Gamel, Hall, Salome, M. Rogers. Also 2 Brewers Negro League 2010 retro complete uniforms of Joe Inglett & Jeff Supan. Also was able to get another gu base and made a trade for this Casy McGeHee gu bat.
    Jamie -

Hey ya! Nice uniforms... but - although the Mets might have work the New York Cubans Negro League uni - the Brewers throw back is a MINOR League Uniform from their past - The Denver Bears.

I've never heard of a Negro League team called the Bears, so I did a search through all the Negro League Team sites I can find... no Bears.

The Uniform appears to be loosely based off of the infamous 1952 'Strike Zone' uniform that the Bears endured for about 1/2 of the 1952 season.

Just thought you might like to know!

- Smitty

P.S. - Suppan's name is spelled with 2 'P's...

Jamie -

Apparently their was a 'Milwaukee Bears' team - for one year - back in the '20's. I was advised of this by my buddy NT Eagle.

I find it interesting that they are not mentioned on any of the Negro League sites I visited.

Just wanted to update you.

- Smitty