Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Manny & Damon to the Rays!!!!

Was hoping Manny would land there and bringing in Damon to get on base is nice. Going to be a nice addition with Longoria and crew. I'm thinking Manny could quietly put together a very nice season strictly as a DH with a manager like Maddon to keep everyone on the same page. We'll see!!

Banned

Wink Re: Manny & Damon to the Rays!!!!

Looks like jake33 is gonna have a lightned wallet when he collects his 2011 Rays bats.

Dave Miedema

Re: Manny & Damon to the Rays!!!!

I cannot stand either one of those players. But at the cost the Rays got these old guys at, it is not a bad deal at all. Suprised Manny only got $2.0M. I probably won't touch a game used item of either player in Rays gear.

The rays throwabck auction will have a few players uniforms hitting $1,000+ range again. Will be interesting on how insane the bidding goes this year.

The best thing is that the Rays NEED to fill that stadium, those two guys are names that should get some less passionate fans in the door.

Hopefully ticket sales, retail jersey sales, concessions all go up or this team will continue to be looking to find a city that will offer more in return.

I am not overly excited with them coming to the Rays, but hoping most of the Rays Fan Base is. Funny that combining both Damon AND Manny's salaries, they came cheaper than what the Rays paid per year for Pat Burrel.

Re: Manny & Damon to the Rays!!!!

Rays may be paying Manny only $2M, but I believe the Dodgers are paying the other $8M (ouch)