Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Pujols 2002 Rawlings - Important Please read!

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Here was Pujols this year. 3 bats out on that tarp for his BP session. One was taped and 2 were not.

What I noticed about Bert's bat is it looks like it had possibly a weighted sleeve or donut impression just above the Rawlings "R". Now that was 2002, I observed Albert's 2010 BP session and he swung around a weighted steel bat and didn't put a donut or sleeve on his BP bat warming up.

Attachment 46137
    If you have photos of Albert using the weighted steel bat in BP, could you match these attached photos? Believe it would be from the 2010 season.
    Thanks,
    Don
    woodbat@bellsouth.net
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Bet that cost a lot to ship

Haha
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

I feel like we're all missing something here. The guy who started this whole mess, basketballbones, was mentioned in another thread as being Mike Schultz, a recognized suspected fraud in his own right, thought to have forged numerous game used items to date. A good number of forum members have communicated directly with him and a few of us (me included) have purchased items from him... later to discover the item was junk. He not only pushes bad stuff, he operates with multiple emails, seller IDs, paypal accounts, and uses the same made up story with anyone who's roped into the crap he's selling.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=39798

I mention this because we're letting him do exactly what he wants to do. He rained on the parade by openly questioning Bert's bat. He did it in a way unaccepted by this community. And now he gets to sit back and watch all of us scramble to prove to each other that Bert didn't do a thing to the bat. But why are we ignoring the fact that this guy just tipped his hand and pushed his luck by dropping in to cause a stir? I would like to think the fact that another member recognized this guy, making an old thread relevant again, would prompt us to continue to compare notes and build a case against him. The members of the community do some amazing things everyday with the way we help each other out. So why are we letting a criminal just drop in and ruin the party and get away with it?

I say this openly because I hope this crook reads this and knows we know about him. I strongly suggest we work together to turn something over to the authorities in this knucklehead's area so he gets a nice little knock on his door. We all know very well how quickly we can produce old emails, pictures, etc for just about everything else we care about. So why not care about this and do something about it? I would love it if we did.

Banned

Great post nationals2K9. I am pretty new here but I appreciate this site and its members. I hope others think about your post and answer the call.

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post
    I feel like we're all missing something here. The guy who started this whole mess, basketballbones, was mentioned in another thread as being Mike Schultz, a recognized suspected fraud in his own right, thought to have forged numerous game used items to date. A good number of forum members have communicated directly with him and a few of us (me included) have purchased items from him... later to discover the item was junk. He not only pushes bad stuff, he operates with multiple emails, seller IDs, paypal accounts, and uses the same made up story with anyone who's roped into the crap he's selling.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=39798

I mention this because we're letting him do exactly what he wants to do. He rained on the parade by openly questioning Bert's bat. He did it in a way unaccepted by this community. And now he gets to sit back and watch all of us scramble to prove to each other that Bert didn't do a thing to the bat. But why are we ignoring the fact that this guy just tipped his hand and pushed his luck by dropping in to cause a stir? I would like to think the fact that another member recognized this guy, making an old thread relevant again, would prompt us to continue to compare notes and build a case against him. The members of the community do some amazing things everyday with the way we help each other out. So why are we letting a criminal just drop in and ruin the party and get away with it?

I say this openly because I hope this crook reads this and knows we know about him. I strongly suggest we work together to turn something over to the authorities in this knucklehead's area so he gets a nice little knock on his door. We all know very well how quickly we can produce old emails, pictures, etc for just about everything else we care about. So why not care about this and do something about it? I would love it if we did.
    Nationals2k9,

One issue at a time my friend.

We don't see this as scrambling but an exercise at what the Forum and it's members do best. In this case it was analyzing a situation which involved one of our own. (remember no bias and we should question things both inside and outside the House)

Please be assured that the Moderation committee will be considering next steps to take with the member who started the original thread.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbat View Post
    If you have photos of Albert using the weighted steel bat in BP, could you match these attached photos? Believe it would be from the 2010 season.
    Thanks,
    Don
    woodbat@bellsouth.net
    That looks like what he was warming up with. I just didn't take any photos of that. Maybe start a new thread and see if anyone else has any photos or info. Also go through Flickr.com and see if anyone posted up some Pujols BP photos.

I am wondering for Bert's bat what he did back in 2002. Donut, sleeve, weighted warmup bat?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    That looks like what he was warming up with. I just didn't take any photos of that. Maybe start a new thread and see if anyone else has any photos or info. Also go through Flickr.com and see if anyone posted up some Pujols BP photos.

I am wondering for Bert's bat what he did back in 2002. Donut, sleeve, weighted warmup bat?
    Not sure about BP, but early in his career Albert used a donut in the on-deck circle, and you'll often find donut impressions on the early gamers. I have video of him using the donut in 2001, but it's on VHS so I'd need to get it transferred to digital to grab some screens.

I'm not sure when he stopped using the donut on-deck, Jeff Scott has tracked every Pujols AB since 2005, so he might know.

Rick
    rickjlucas@gmail.com