Hey everyone,

I wish I posted more in the forum, but after reading a few threads here lately, I know why I stopped. I guess I am more of a lurker these days.

In the tradition of the old school, I am going to make a post that I hope will clear up a few things that bothered me personally.

A freshly banned poster claimed on this site that a member in good standing (and a prolific Pujols collector...and friend of mine) blatantly sold a Pujols BP bat on another site. That in and of itself is not really a horrific problem, since MLB claims that BP bats ARE considered game used by their standards.

The real issue is that the banned poster also claimed that Bert (Shoremen44) blatantly removed tape from a bat that was purchased from Ball Park Heroes (Kim Stigall) and re-sold it without mentioning the removal of said tape.

I remember BOTH bats, and actually had a photo saved of the BPH bat in question. I posted it in THIS thread as a matter of fact (July of 2008)

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=17384&highlight=pujols+knob+tape

In this thread Bert mentions that he has a 2002 Rawlings ALREADY with BP and game use. He comments that he has never owned or seen a Pujols bat with tape.

To me, this is the best proof that Bert's bat is not the same as the bat from BPH. I have known Bert for a long time, and have never known him as someone who is out to 'steal' from someone else.

Hopefully, this post does not get me into trouble. I am just trying to get some missed facts out there. If I am wrong about any of this, I sincerely apologize.

Dave