Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Question: Checking authenticity of a 2003 New York Yankees Game Used Jersey

Hi, may I request for the help of everyone's expertise?

How can the authenticity of an item described as a [2003 New York Yankees Game Used Jersey] be checked?
    The tags are displayed below.

Thanks in advance for everyone's time and help!

Banned

Re: Question: Checking authenticity of a 2003 New York Yankees Game Used Jersey

any comments on the jersey/tags? thank you.

Banned

Question Re: Question: Checking authenticity of a 2003 New York Yankees Game Used Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by al3xmac10 View Post
    any comments on the jersey/tags? thank you.
    Tags, in and of themselves, are OK, but photos of the front and back of the jersey would be needed to have a better chance of giving it proper analysis.

Dave Miedema

Banned

Hi Dave, thank you for your opinion.
    Here are jersey front/back pics.
    Jersey has no documentation.
    Thank you!

Banned

Exclamation Re: Question: Checking authenticity of a 2003 New York Yankees Game Used Jersey

It's possible, as Steiner hadn't yet hooked up with the Yankees in 2003.

What information is on the size tags.

Dave Miedema

Where did that jersey come from? One of our usual suspect had sold a 2003 Matsui jersey to me that I returned to him because everything else he sold me was fake
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

Good question. This was offered to me by [basketballbones@juno.com], which I believe is Mr. Mike Schultz. I researched using "Game Used Forums" and his email before continuing negotiations for an item such as this, and found out some negative feedback about him. It now looks like the research saved me from future grief.

I was forwarded some information from a collector and asked to post this:

"The tagging is all wrong!

1. Year tag and size tags were supposed to be side by side and perfectly fitted under the Russell tag.

2. The 2003 tag seem to be printed on a very shinny material for some reason.

(I got 3 game "issued" from '03 and a couple "game used".... and none of my taggings look like the one in pictures)"

Banned

Question Re: Question: Checking authenticity of a 2003 New York Yankees Game Used Jersey

I still have no problem with the tagging arrangement, but, as I stated, there are more things that need to be examined before giving a thumbs up or thumbs down. Short of an in-hand examination, I cannot say for sure.

Dave Miedema

"NEW YORK" on front seems off too - font seems too thin based on the posted photos.
    R.J. Hinners

Always looking for Don Mattingly and other Yankees' game-used items and quality memorabilia.