Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Finally got my Josh Hamilton game used all star bat signed!!

So I finally got my all star bat signed!! I went to the Rangers fan fest and got in the raffle for the Hamilton autograph tickets, and I got one! I waited in line for his signature and went to the end of the line so I could explain the story to Hamilton. Well when he first got the bat he picked it up and looked at it and held it like he would before he hits. He asked me jokingly if he could have it and then asked if he really wanted the bat if I would give it to him. I said I'd think about it. I asked him if he could inscribe it and he put '09 all-star'. I will post photos later tonight!

Re: Finally got my Josh Hamilton game used all star bat signed!!

Should have asked for a trade for a jersey from the upcoming season!

Great job getting the autographs, though.

I'm sure it looks great.

Banned

Here are the photos! As you can tell he was very interested in the bat. I also included a zoom in of the signature, the allstar is hard to make out.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Congrats man! Awesome pics!

Nice work! Wonder where the conversation would have gone if you continued to entertain giving him the bat. Hard to beat what you already have though!

Was there any game-used playoff/World Series stuff for sale or on auction? All I've read so far is about autographs and smaller items.

Banned

Yes. There were some world series jersey for sale in the foundation area for 300-600. But hamilton's and big names ws jerseys were silent auction. I saw Hamiltons starting bid was 2000 but never saw after

Quote Originally Posted by rangersfan1214 View Post
    Yes. There were some world series jersey for sale in the foundation area for 300-600. But hamilton's and big names ws jerseys were silent auction. I saw Hamiltons starting bid was 2000 but never saw after
    Thanks!

I thought I about had Kinsler's jersey in my sites through talking with a rep but he eventually broke the news on the auction. Hopefully they went for big bucks like they should have. I'm far from a rich man

I would give it to him in exchange for another gamer and a jersey. Im sure he wouldnt mind the trade off given what the bat probably means to him. Given all he has went through in his life, Im sure the bat symbolizes a lot more than just an all star appearance. Just my two cents.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Cool story, man. Congrats on the great item.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Sweet bat man!! I would have probably traded it to Josh for another game used bat and his helmet from next year....I have yet to see one of those come up in anybody's collection or for sale
    Thanks a lot
    Josh