Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Real or not? Game-used Michael Jordan 97-98 uniform & 91-92 Bulls jerseys w/ COAs? (eBay)

Re: Real or not? Game-used Michael Jordan 97-98 uniform & 91-92 Bulls jerseys w/ COAs? (eBay)

Nope, the '97-98 is a big 'ol fakey... The arch of the NOB Jordan is the biggest giveaway in 2secs of looking at it.

All of the fakes on Ebay/any auction house have the NOB as arched, almost an upside-down 'U'. But the real Jordan jerseys have the NOB as a more subtle arch, as you can see below as proof. The 'N' especially is very close to the side jersey ribs, but all fakes have way too much space between the 'N' and side jersey piping

Here's a couple real 1997 home white Jordan NOB pics:

The '91-92 doesn't look right to me too. I've seen (and more knowledgeable) of mid-late '90's Jordan jerseys, but again, if you scan Getty's for 20secs, you can see that the NOB is more wider and pronounced than the Ebay version.
    The UDA "LOA" is just for the autograph, so that means nothing for the jersey's game used authenticity. As far as having an Alan Meza certificate, I don't know. I've heard he is/was a big Jordan collector, but have no thoughts about his "LOA"s.
    I still don't think the jersey has the right NOB at the very least, but again, I'm not as familiar with the early 90's Jordan jerseys..
    But you can see below how a real one looks vs. the Ebay one.

Here's a real 1991 home white Jordan NOB pic:

Re: Real or not? Game-used Michael Jordan 97-98 uniform & 91-92 Bulls jerseys w/ COAs? (eBay)

He now has a #45 jersey on there too. I think that one is no good either!

By the way nickas, none of your pics are showing up. I'd love to see them

Quote Originally Posted by mmonte4 View Post
    He now has a #45 jersey on there too. I think that one is no good either!
    Haha, I was just about to post that too
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Jordan-A...item45f8599f55

Nah, it's no good either.. Again, the NOB "arch" is a dead giveaway.. Plus the fact is has a Lou "letter".. haha, pa-leeze buddy! Your "letters" are just as good as my toilet paper

Quote Originally Posted by mmonte4 View Post
    By the way nickas, none of your pics are showing up. I'd love to see them
    Hmm, that's weird, they were showing up earlier today.. I just copy/pasted the URL links to the Getty pics I found..

Let's try again! Here they are again and a couple more.. I added the Editorial #'s so in case the pics don't show up, you guys can find them on Getty's by these numbers and see..

1997 home white real gamer NOB pics:

Editorial image #: 245840

Editorial image #: 1397231

Editorial image #: 258669

1991 home white real gamer NOB pic:

Editorial image #: 72317823

And here's a home white # 45 jersey to compare to his other Ebay #45 "gamer".. The Ebay jersey NOB is ridiculously way off vs. real gamer:

Editorial image #: 50377451

Looks like he sold both the #45 and the 91-92. Both would be great jerseys if they were actually authentic. Unfortunately, they were not.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd feel much more comfortable with an early MJ gamer that had a vintage signature to match that era vs the generic UDA auto. With the vintage sig, at least you know MJ actually had the jersey in his hands around that time period. To me, it seems like the chance of the jersey actually being worn in a game would increase substantially if it included the vintage sig.