Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ray Lewis Game Used 2000!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...NSD82XftM%253D

I had to share this with everyone. If its a fake its a dang good one. I can't believe someone didn't take a shot on it......

Re: Ray Lewis Game Used 2000!

Awfully clean for a white jersey supposedly worn by a stud linebacker.....

very true but rarely do we see unwashed game used, so going under the assumption that it was washed..........

What is bothering me is I can't discredit the jersey. Ray wore a black collar for the first half of the season, so that's easy. But starting with the Bengals on Nov 6th 2000 and the titans on nov 13 2000 the collar is gone and the NFL logo is half a$$ attached exactly like in the ebay pic. They did a much better job for the cardinals game in dec and the rest of the playoffs using a piece of spandex to attach the NFL logo. But funny enough went back to the lame piece of left over jersey to attach in 2001.

The cover of the sporting news for Nov 20th 2000 has a pic of ray without a collar and without the NFL logo and having inquired with the archives of the sporting news is from the Bengals game from nov 6th 2000.......

I am more that open to leads or suggestions at this point. Come on conspiracy theorists give me something good!

if you look at his completed items, someone bought it for just under $900 probably didn't help he had no feedback when he listed it... he also sold a Ravens band uniform as well
    Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

Quote Originally Posted by perlman9 View Post
    if you look at his completed items, someone bought it for just under $900 probably didn't help he had no feedback when he listed it... he also sold a Ravens band uniform as well
    The original poster bought it.

You are correct and now the thing is keeping me up an night because I can't prove its not game used.

Hard to prove a negative

I remember a guy with a baseball card who was paranoid that it was fake. After all his theories were shot down, I said "I'm afraid you're going to have to live with the the fact that your card is authentic."

The neck looks exactly like the neck I have on a 1997 game used Chuck Levy 49ers shirt. I would think that with a neck like that that it would be game used. What I don't understand is why the seller would state in the listing that he wanted to list it with a "buy it now" of 8500$ and then only start the auction at 0.99$. Makes no sense to me as he obviously knows the value of a RL gamer. Why wouldn't he just set the minimum bid at what he wanted to get for the shirt.

This kind of stuff happens on eBay now and then. I recently missed a SB year Merton Hanks shirt with team letter on eBay because it was only listed on ebayUK. How I missed it I have no idea as I always check but I did and it sold for 200$!!! That shirt is worth at least 750 to 1250$. What I don't understand was that the seller had tompay more because the exact shirt sold on GUU in 2008 for 600$!

Weird stuff happens on eBay. I once bought a 1990 game used Roger Craig away shirt with at least 10 repairs on eBay for 375$! The seller thought the repairs looked like cigarette burns that had been sewn over. Needless to say I was and still am thrilled about such a nice score. It is sometimes a hassle to look thru eBay every day, over and over, but just one score makes it all worth it.

Always buying 49ers game used especially with team letters

Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com

I hope your right Dave and I just have to deal with the fact that its real. I have always investigated items from the perspective of trying to prove something is real. I thought it would be an interesting experience to try for the other side. But now i am stuck since there is little to no pictures of ray from that bengals or titans game from 2000. I even went thru highlight videos and nada of ray. But you are truly correct that at some point if you can't prove something is fake then.........