Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Manny Ramirez forged "Manolo" Glomar bat

Really the ol' "this is my last post" post? Famous last words from 99% of the scam artists out there. You should at least try to defend yourself before running away it looks less suspicious. Ever notice those last posts never answer anything asked?

First, I've had good dealings with Dan Rosquete and would do so again.

Second, the level of discourse has sunk so low as to make us all look bad. "Can't we all just get along?"

Dave Silverbrand

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EurekaDave View Post

Second, the level of discourse has sunk so low as to make us all look bad. "Can't we all just get along?"

Dave Silverbrand
    I may be new to this forum but I can see that the bat is 100% doctored and that Dan is a liar.
    If by "Cant we all get along" you are suggesting that we let a crook rip people off with no accountabilty then I hope you are the only one feeling that way. I also have no idea why you would feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by EurekaDave View Post

Dave Silverbrand

Dave,

Would you feel the same way if you were the buyer of the Manny bat Dan was selling? Just because you had some good deals with Dan in the past does not make what he did acceptable in any way. He cant even apologize and accept responsibility for what he did, saying only that "this post is my last" and that this thread become a "personal attack".......Dan brought this upon himself.

I have no respect for people who conduct business this way. My father use to tell me "Honesty is the best policy" sooner or later your lies will catch up with you, in Dan's case, it caught up with him.

Happy Holidays,
    Bobby

Danny,
    Points well-taken. I am sure I have spent hundreds of dollars on bogus trash from people. Even baseball teams have sold me "game-used" stuff that wasn't,

So, yeah, I can see how you feel.

I did do a more than fair trade with Dan on some stuff, and I put that out there just for the sake of fairness.

On the other hand, I don't know a whole lot about baseball stuff. As my wife often says, "Honey, do you have any idea what you are talking about?" And I say, "You know what, dear? No I don't."

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Dave Silverbrand

You can write to me any time. All I get now are e-mail Neiman Marcus ads. das1721@att.net

After reading this and another thread regarding the same individual, Dan, I can't help but post about my experience with him. I was already in contact with Dan, much like AWA85 was, regarding his Cincinnati Reds item(s)...namely the Aroldis Chapman 2011 game worn road jersey. Upon reading these posts on Game Used Universe I believe it is only HUMAN to become skeptical...HOWEVER, it is also only HUMANE to give somebody the benefit of the doubt and allow yourself to judge someone, NOT others to pass judgement. That is what I did when I purchased the jersey and several other items that were kindly included from Dan. I was up front with him about the posts and my level of concern and he answered all questions and concerns in a more than professional, timely, and honest way. Provided countless pictures showing every detail you could want to see and was patient with me getting the funds together as well. I cannot speak on Dan's (from what I can see) one unsatisfied buyer/deal and cannot say that he wasn't in the wrong...all I can speak on is my experience with him and that was one word...AMAZING! Hopefully through allowing Dan the opportunity to make a believer out of me, I have formed a great relationship with someone who can help me obtain some amazing and hard to come by items from a couple of my favorite Reds players. This is a community forum and I do agree that we as a collecting community need to have each others backs, we cannot let personal feelings and issues spill over into our posts, especially ones that affect someone's lively hood and credibility. I would recommend dealing with Dan on any level possible and am pretty sure you will have the same positive outcome that I experienced. Thanks Dan!

Super Moderator

For what it's worth, I just picked up a great game used 2009 Robinson Cano bat from DAN. He saw my post for Cano bats and contacted me... he is great to work with. If you like any of his items, I'd still recommend working with him. He was actually very gratious and open about this situation when I questioned it. Just my two cents...

Doug

dougiedshow@aol.com