Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Dick Dobbins

Hybrid View

Re: Dick Dobbins

I once had an Ernie Lombardi signed 1960 Fleer card that Dobbins got signed in person when he was interviewing Lombardi for one of his PCL history books.

Banned

If you didn't like Dick Dobbins, then you most likely didn't like ANYBODY! The only time I knew of Dick being spoken poorly of was a "consider the source" moment...a known hobby jersey forger of the early 1990s who ripped on Dick, Robb Wochnick and myself for calling out his fake items. His excuse? According to the forger, Dick, Robb and I were "jealous" of him and his great (ha!) stuff, and we bad mouthed him so we could try to take some of his business. As I said, consider the source...Dick is/was as good a man as I've ever encountered in the hobby.

Dave Miedema

I could write pages about Dick Dobbins, but I will keep it very short and simple. He was the very best this hobby has ever had. I feel very fortunate and blessed to have known him.

Mark Hayne
    Gridiron Exchange
    gixc@verizon.net

Always looking for Atlanta Falcons jerseys, World Football League uniforms, and Willie McGee and Darren Lewis game used items.