Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Louisville Slugger Museum Visit Today

Was coming back from Indianapolis today and was able to stop by the Louisville Slugger Museum. My son and I had a very interested day there. Took the tour of the bat making areas and checked out the museum. This week they were making the Braves ST bats. I saw several players bats laying around and some orders for other players. I saw an order for Bryce Harper sitting there. Very interesting about how they make the different models and such. I saw an Adam Dunn White Sox bat that was already made.

The museum part was awesome. They had game used bats of Mantle, Ripken, and David Ortiz that you could handle if you wanted. (with white gloves on) They also had the sweetest Ruth gamer I have ever seen on display. Also on display I remember seeing gamers of Nick Swisher, George Brett, Hank Aaron, and also game issued WS bats of the Rangers and Giants teams. I forgot my camera, but got a few pics on my iPhone of some museum items. (no cameras in production areas) Not sure how good they will be.

Tried to look you up Brian (BMH), but the nice older man that gave us the tour said that you worked yesterday, but not today (Sunday). The older fellow could not have been nicer to us and even gave my son a mini Cardinals bat when he told him the Cards was his favorite team. Very classy.

Sorry for the rant, just trying to post everything I remembered seeing. Will try to post some pics if they are any good when I load them to my computer.

Jason
    stlbats@bellsouth.net

Banned

Re: My Louisville Slugger Museum Visit Today

Are tours available all the time?
    Does anyone know the hours and days?
    Thanks

Edgar

sounds like a great time, I hope to get there this summer.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

They are open 7 days a week. Mon-Sat 9am-5pm and Sun. 12-5. Tours only take about 25 minutes and go pretty much all day. Its says the last tour begins 1 hour prior to closing. I posted a link below to their website.

Thanks
    Jason

http://www.sluggermuseum.org/visitorguide.aspx

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. We are doing our best to provide a quality tour to the public while maintaining full production. We've been running two shifts and Saturdays trying to stay ahead of teams reporting for ST. I've been putting in some hours on both shifts and Saturdays, just ask any of my workers, I have control issues

I almost came in today just to do some some riding on the Riverwalk but I got to install a power steering pump on my son's g/f's car instead...I'm still trying to figure out how I got roped into that one.
    Brian Hillerich

It is a very nice tour and facility and we had a great time. My 10 yr old son was very excited. The older guy that I spoke of in an earlier post also made the tour worth while. He was very knowledgable for sure. We both had a great time in the batting cages where you can choose to hit with several different current players and a few legends bats. I remember: Ted Williams, Jeter, David Wright and Evan Longoria models. The huge LVS bat outside is awesome too.

A few things I remember the older tour guide saying was that the teams purchase all of the players bats throughout the year and a maple M9 cost them $87 per bat, which was a little surprising to me.

Jason
    stlbats@bellsouth.net

Banned

Alright I'm in
    Im going to head down on Friday from Chicago.
    It's a 4 1/2 drive and it should get me away from this cold.
    Should be there on Saturday

I'm planning to visit in June when on vacation between Cincinnati and The Smokies. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BMH, I'll try to drop you a line to stop and say while I'm in town. Hopefully the busy season will slowed a little by then.

John

Well worth the visit. Take the guided tour of the bat making - very cool, then spend a couple of hours in the rest of the museum. They have bats galore on display and a wall that shows hundreds of barrel signatures throughout the years for the bats. Plus, a couple of batting cages that you can take cuts in, and a really cool store.

Be sure to buy a bat for yourself (they offer signature bats as well). All the bats offered online are available in-person, and you can get one with a stamp of your favorite team, and script signature or plain block name on the barrel. You can get a pink bat as well, I think. Overall an incredible experience.

We went back in October 2007. Here's a picture of me whiffing one in the cages....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned

ROAD TRIP!!!!
    On my way to Louisville.
    Should be a great time