Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: American Memorabilia Auctions

Thank you for the information, legaleagle. I appreciate your response. So, they have hidden reserves at American, huh? Of course...

Well, I may end up passing all together then. The starting price was right around what I felt they were worth, personally.

It's West Coast time and rarely is bidding such a frenzy on AMI that you have to stay up late. If you find yourself bidding aggressively at the end, unfortunately you are probably bidding against the House.

So I've been doing a little more research on the AMI 2006 Favre jersey and with the help of the older GUU SCD Favre threads by Mr. Hankel and other posts, I notice that the NFL shield logo plays a big part if the jersey is "legit" or not.
    BTW, the previous GUU threads on Favre jerseys have been great reading and very informative. Thanks to all!

Here's what I keep finding.. IMO, inconsistent or incorrect NFL shield logo placement if this jersey was the one used in the 9/17 and 10/8 games vs. the Saints/Rams respectively.
    The Getty photos seem to show the logo down lower with hardly any yellow underneath it, while the AMI jersey shows more yellow. Maybe someone can blow up the Getty photos to show better closeups, but I don't know how to do that Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me?? Dunno..

It could be that these "action" shots just distort the jersey and it's creased/folded/etc a certain way??? Dunno...

Again, not trying to discredit/disrespect Mr. Hankel's opinion on the jersey being "legit", I'm just trying to make sure with better substance that the jersey is indeed "legit" so that I don't possibly blow $4k+ on a jersey that is bogus.

Any/all opinions/comments welcome!

AMI photo:

Getty image from 9/17 Saints game (Editorial# #71912017):

USPressWire image from 9/17 game:

Getty image from 10/8 Rams game (Editorial# 72118703):

Sorry for the barage of pics again I was looking at some Bears jersey photomatch pics on APImages and totally forgot to look there for Favre pics from the games...

Looks like I'm wrong about the Getty pics vs. AMI NFL shield pics in my previous post. At least that's what my eyes are telling me! haha

Here's some real nice closeups of the NFL shield logo from both games on APImages.. Do you guys think these match the AMI ones perfectly?

I don't get it.. the day after this auction ended, now some of the same exact items are being re-sold for their Feb 24th auction deadline??

Did people who won the items not pay? But seems awfully sudden to re-list the items the day AFTER the last auction was over... I placed bids on two items that I lost out on, just to see one of them back again..WTF

Any ideas or experience with this crap??

Banned

I means they didn't hit the "hidden" reserve

Quote Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
    I means they didn't hit the "hidden" reserve
    Ahhhh, I see... Hmmm.... Thanks!

i have used the NFL shield to photomatch quite a few shirts. One day i was going thru Getty and found an image of my Steve Young 1998 ProBowl shirt which i won via the Huggins and Scott auction a while back. The shirt was in Herman Moore's collection but i could never find a good image of him in it. I was looking for something entirely unrelated to the shirt or Young and found the image and the NFL shield lined up perfectly! Needless to say i was pretty stoked. Of course i cant find that image again on getty or my desktop but it will turn up!

Always buying 49ers gamers
    Best
    paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Ahhhh, I see... Hmmm.... Thanks!
    If you notice alot of the items were recently posted on Ebay.

I have to say, this auction house has become a joke. I had my eye on 2 items from the most recent auction. The items had ZERO bids for over 10 days. For shits and giggles, I decided to place a bid. Within FOUR minutes I was outbid. I actually laughed to myself. So, for the hell of it, I placed a bid on the other one only to be outbid in SIX minutes.

Over the past 3 years, the selection of jersey's has been pretty much equivalent to horse manure.

OK. Rant over.