Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

American Memorabilia Auctions

Has anyone noticed that the last few AMI auctions have had some real nice GU Pieces?

The Super Bowl Auction that's running now is loaded with some pretty nice NFL items!

I know that they get pounded on this site, but hey......I picked up a couple of real nice Gamers in the last few months and I'm pretty psyched!

Re: American Memorabilia Auctions

Hey, everyone deserves a mulligan, mulligans

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligans View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the last few AMI auctions have had some real nice GU Pieces?

The Super Bowl Auction that's running now is loaded with some pretty nice NFL items!

I know that they get pounded on this site, but hey......I picked up a couple of real nice Gamers in the last few months and I'm pretty psyched!

You are right...ever since they let individuals sell the items, and ship the items, I think the problems for both buyers and sellers have lessened. There are some great Jets and Pats items in this auction...as well as a nice looking Favre, but I have no clue about what is or isn't real from #4 these days??

Yea it's funny how about 50% of the football items are of Buffalo and Pats.. LOL... Not a whole lot of "star" players, but there's some good ones..

I'm with ya on the Favre.. I'd love to own a real one someday, but even with his Favre holograms/etc, I'm not too sure if it's real.. Maybe someone here can chime in.

Good luck to all bidders!

The Favre jersey that you're referring to is good. If I remember correctly, it was not laundered after the last game it was worn in.
    -Guy

Quote Originally Posted by gwh11 View Post
    The Favre jersey that you're referring to is good. If I remember correctly, it was not laundered after the last game it was worn in.
    -Guy
    Thanks for the info.. Not that I'm disputing you, but really just wondering, how do you know it's legit? I looked up pics from both games on Gettys/AP/Icon/etc and there's no real "stains" or other specific noticeable jersey characteristics to match to those games. Again, maybe the photos don't do it justice..
    I'm really interested in it and if it's really 100% legit, I'd love to bid on it.. I've been bitten too many times on major superstar players to go off "LOA"'s by 3rd parties or the players organizations themselves, so I'm just overly cautious these days!

If you prefer to contact privately, just hit me up on PM or email.

Thanks!

Sorry for the bump, but was just wondering on anymore thoughts on the Favre jersey? I know gwh11 said it was good, and I tried to contact him for more info, but can't accept PM's.. So if you see this, let me know!

Otherwise, if anyone else has any info, I'd greatly appreciate before placing a bid..Thanks!

So individual sellers are running the Super Bowl auction? I ask, because I am seeing the EXACT same item show up at two auctions at the same time:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=57888&c=\Game%20Worn-Used\Football\&t=Open&p=0&s=&offset=60

http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-SHAUN-ALEXA...item3a631bd6a0

Because I somehow seriously doubt Shaun pulled a Favre and changed shoes at halftime vs. the Rams that day .

I was pretty stoked about the shoes for the price a the American, then seeing them again on Ebay...now not so much. Any thoughts?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shipp_96 View Post
    So individual sellers are running the Super Bowl auction? I ask, because I am seeing the EXACT same item show up at two auctions at the same time:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=57888&c=\Game%20Worn-Used\Football\&t=Open&p=0&s=&offset=60

http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-SHAUN-ALEXA...item3a631bd6a0

Because I somehow seriously doubt Shaun pulled a Favre and changed shoes at halftime vs. the Rams that day .

I was pretty stoked about the shoes for the price a the American, then seeing them again on Ebay...now not so much. Any thoughts?
    heres the scoop. AM had issues with paying consignors and ended up owing alot of people alot of money and people stopped consigning for fear of not getting paid. Then AM came up with the idea that seller's can manage their own auctions including receiving payment which took away peoples fears of not getting paid and being forced onto the creditor line. many listings on there are the same as on other sites like ebay. am unlike ebay allows shill bidding and hidden reserves so dont be stoked about prices until you actually win.

BTW Nickacs, Guy gh11 is the man when it comes to favre jerseys he was involved in proving favre jerseys with hologram and gu inscription fake a few years ago which was featured in scd. if he says its good id believe him.

Does anybody know if the AMI auction end times are East Coast or West Coast times? Nothing mentioned there.

Does anybody have experience with their 15 minute rule? I personally do not like it because you may hang around at the computer for hours.

Thank you for your opinions.

Frank