Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Thumbs up THIS got a LOA???

Of course, taking into account that it's a Bricol auction and a Lampson LOA, that may explain it. Bricol has a pair of Orioles pants purported to be worn by Cal Ripken Jr. The pants have a mid-1980s Rawlings tag in the waist, but no strip tagging found in MLB Orioles pants of the era and only this to hang a hat on as being Cal Jr.'s trousers:

Bill, Brett, Wade, Mark...your thoughts on this extremely shaky item?

Dave Miedema

Re: THIS got a LOA???

You said it... "taking into account that it's a Bricol auction and a Lampson LOA, that may explain it".

Authentications being produced like they are running down an assembly line. RECALLS GALORE!!!

Banned

Cool Re: THIS got a LOA???

BTW>>>Howard Wolf was the one who pointed this travesty out to me. He still active...just no longer posting.

Dave Miedema

I recall being in one of the Rawlings factory outlet stores in the late 1980's and seeing pants in MLB team colors (no strip tagging). So just because Cal signed these pants (Cal signs pretty much anything), all of a sudden these are game worn?

Whats with the line underneath the 8? An 8 is an 8 anyway you look at it....

Disappointing but unfortunately not surprising...

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Whats with the line underneath the 8?
    A possible 9 turned into an 8?

these pants have now found their way on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cal-Ripken-Jr-au...item2562555ad7

Banned

Arrow Re: THIS got a LOA???

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    these pants have now found their way on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cal-Ripken-Jr-au...item2562555ad7
    Bill:

I just contacted the seller (AACS Autographs) about this, and (hope you don't mind), I gave them your email address as a backup for what I told them about the pants.

AACS is one of the top autograph sellers on eBay, but have little to no expertise in game-used items. I think they're just going by what the Lampson LOA says (not a good move) and aren't knowingly selling a falsified item).

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    BTW>>>Howard Wolf was the one who pointed this travesty out to me. He still active...just no longer posting.

Dave Miedema
    Howard Who?

That's ok with us Dave. Your knowledge alone is second to none. Also, you are 100 times more humble. A rarity among the more knowledgeable individuals in the hobby. You never once make like you're doing everyone a favor here by offering your insight. Thanks again.

Banned

Red face Re: THIS got a LOA???

Quote Originally Posted by Danny899 View Post
    Howard Who?

That's ok with us Dave. Your knowledge alone is second to none. Also, you are 100 times more humble. A rarity among the more knowledgeable individuals in the hobby. You never once make like you're doing everyone a favor here by offering your insight. Thanks again.
    Thanks, Danny, although I have no doubt Howard would surpass me on Phillies knits.

Dave M.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Bill:

I just contacted the seller (AACS Autographs) about this, and (hope you don't mind), I gave them your email address as a backup for what I told them about the pants.

AACS is one of the top autograph sellers on eBay, but have little to no expertise in game-used items. I think they're just going by what the Lampson LOA says (not a good move) and aren't knowingly selling a falsified item).

Dave Miedema
    Dave:

Looks like they have done the right thing and have pulled the auction (at least for the time being).

Hopefully they can get their money back from Bricol.

Bill