Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Exclamation Soxfest set number surprise

Obtained at the 2011 Soxfest and currently offered on eBay from a reliable dealer.

Looks like AJ was well supplied with uniforms last year.

Dave Miedema

Re: Soxfest set number surprise

Sounds like a certain hobby that overproduced inventory in the late 80s and drove us all away.

Set numbers like that are precisely why I don't have much use for jerseys from the past twenty years.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Obtained at the 2011 Soxfest and currently offered on eBay from a reliable dealer.

Looks like AJ was well supplied with uniforms last year.

Dave Miedema
    Dave I'm busy this weekend but when we meet up soon I'm going to show you all the jerseys I bought at Soxfest with high set numbers and all show real good use.
    I photomatched the Jake Peavy and that was a set 8.

18 sets of the same jersey is just absurd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    18 sets of the same jersey is just absurd
    I have a feeling that the Sox didn't produce 18 sets of the same jersey.
    Because no way did I see more then 4 of the same style jersey and I was one of the first ones to enter the sale.

I'm thinking that who ever puts the strip tags on the jersey just started applying the tags in order. From set 1 through up to what ever amount of jerseys where ordered for a player.
    So lets say that 5 black jerseys got ordered for a player, So those 5 black jerseys got set 1 through 5 then the 5 home whites got set 6 through 10 and so on.

I'm not really sure but it would explain the unusual high set numbers by the White Sox.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    Because no way did I see more then 4 of the same style jersey and I was one of the first ones to enter the sale.

I'm thinking that who ever puts the strip tags on the jersey just started applying the tags in order. From set 1 through up to what ever amount of jerseys where ordered for a player.
    So lets say that 5 black jerseys got ordered for a player, So those 5 black jerseys got set 1 through 5 then the 5 home whites got set 6 through 10 and so on.

I'm not really sure but it would explain the unusual high set numbers by the White Sox.
    100% agreed

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post

Very good theory, but man that seems too confusing

Banned

Exclamation Re: Soxfest set number surprise

It's not White Sox, but here is the tag on a 2010 Braves home alternate of Kenshin Kawakami that is MLB Authenticated, and offered by a relaible eBay seller (jerseys2003):

Dave Miedema