Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Snub of a Dub

Banned

Snub of a Dub

Monta Ellis got screwed.

Re: Snub of a Dub

Kevin Love too...I hope Stern puts Love in for Yao. I am all for voting, but that is ridiculous how Yao gets a start and doesn't even play more than a handful of games.

I know fans want to see the "stars", but I like when guys who have never been an All-Star get selected. Much more fun to see players generally excited to be there instead of just using it as the extra paycheck/goof-off game many veterans take it to be.
    Cheers,
    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
    My Memorabilia Collection

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Snub of a Dub

Where's Carlos Boozer? Not where he should be, as far as the NBA All-Star Game goes.

Dave Miedema

Re: Snub of a Dub

Pretty much a popularity contest......Duncan and Yao really?? Although since Yao cant play it went to Love who deserved it from the beginning over 20 points and 15 rebounds per game

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Snub of a Dub

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    Pretty much a popularity contest......Duncan and Yao really?? Although since Yao cant play it went to Love who deserved it from the beginning over 20 points and 15 rebounds per game
    Very true...which is why, IMHO, none of the major sports leagues should use a fan vote for their ALL-Star event. Simply put, 80%+ of fans don't know enough about the sport they are voting in to make an educated pick...they either go by name recognition, or pick all the guys on their favorite team (the teams, especially in MLB, who promote such flawed voting on their websites and in stadium PA announcements certainly don't help matters).

Dave Miedema