Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"game used" inscription

What are your thoughts on having players sign "game used" on an item with their signature? Is it a more recent phenomenon and do you think it will continue to be popular? Do you like it or does it seem irrelevent?

Re: "game used" inscription

To me the "game used" inscription is vital, if you know the persons hand writing, it would be the same as them writing a coa for you. But to each his own as i know many collectors who think a signature on the bat takes away from its originality let alone an inscription

I love it when you recognize a players handwriting, and its sourced from them, it makes me think the item is a bit more special.

-Tony
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Usually I dont like game used bats that are just signed. But when they are inscribed with anything or inscribed game used even i like those

A lot of the items I buy aren't inscribed, but I am actively trying to get them with the "game used" inscription. I think it's great and helps you connect with the player. Although sometimes I think that they might be thinking "he only wants me to write that to increase sale value"...

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Klattsy View Post
    A lot of the items I buy aren't inscribed, but I am actively trying to get them with the "game used" inscription. I think it's great and helps you connect with the player. Although sometimes I think that they might be thinking "he only wants me to write that to increase sale value"...

Mark.
    Yea, I wonder that too. I like other inscriptions like a Rasmus bat I had him write "2009 Rookie Season" and Jack Clark wrote all kinds of stuff on a 87 All Star game bat of his. He really enjoyed seeing it again. Maybe the "game used" by itself is too generic.

Cool Re: "game used" inscription

I don't mind buying signed bats or getting them signed by the player but I've never cared for an inscription that is simply "Game Used" and I try to not buy anything signed that way. To me, you might as well have the player sign "This was my bat/jersey" I mean it's obvious it was game used, why bother stating the obvious?

Adding a certain saying, a nickname or inscription relating to the year it was used is a nice touch but I guess "game used" to me is too generic and redundant and I'll never ask for it.
    Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by MarinersFan34 View Post
    I don't mind buying signed bats or getting them signed by the player but I've never cared for an inscription that is simply "Game Used" and I try to not buy anything signed that way. To me, you might as well have the player sign "This was my bat/jersey" I mean it's obvious it was game used, why bother stating the obvious?

Adding a certain saying, a nickname or inscription relating to the year it was used is a nice touch but I guess "game used" to me is too generic and redundant and I'll never ask for it.
    Jeremy, I'm leaning with you on this one. Well put.

I like the "game used" inscription when it has a year or date to go along with it.

Odd but I like items that are NOT jerseys signed as game used, but hate jersey signed as gmae used and signed in general.

I have had the following players inscribe "game used" on items ad this it dresses it up a little.

Ben Zobrist Batting helmet
    Scott Cursi catcher's helmet
    Jonny Gomes bat
    Shawn Riggans - bat
    Eric Hinske - bating gloves

Also, as a side not, many players will have a sloppy autograph. When they inscribe game used their handwriting is much cleaner AND legible, which I like.