Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hunt Superbowl Auction

Did anyone win anything in the live Auction? If so, did Hunt send you an Email saying that you won?

I noticed that a couple of my internet Ceiling Bids were where the item ultimately sold, but I never got any response. I'm still not quite sure if my bids were actually the high bid or if Someone topped me at the Live portion?

If I don't hear anything from you guys, I will give Hunt a call.

All that aside.......Did anyone pick up any cool items? How about the Internet Auction that ended last night???....There were a few interesting items there also.....

Re: Hunt Superbowl Auction

Prices weren't too bad. I saw the onside kick ball from last year's Super Bowl went for $13,225 (if you count the BP). Thought that ball was in the HOF, guess not!

I'm sure if that ball were auctioned in New Orleans, it would have went for an insane price.

It usually takes a few days to get notified after one of their live events. I'd especially expect that to be the case with them packing up and heading back from the Superbowl.
    R.J. Hinners

Always looking for Don Mattingly and other Yankees' game-used items and quality memorabilia.

Banned

Jeff,

If a bidder at the live auction had the same ceiling bid as you he or she would win the item as per Hunt's auction rules. It happened to me last year so that is a possible explanation.

Yea.....maybe that's what happened, because I vaguely remember getting an email right after the live auction last year.

I don't really understand the policy though....If my bid is $1200, then anyone at the live auction can have the item at my bid? That certainly doesn't seem very fair?

Wouldn't it make more sense for everyone involved if they were forced to bid in 10% intervals?

The Seller nor the Auction house would seem to benefit if this is truly the format?

I phone bid and won the Michael Crabtree shirt. I also won the 1989 SB presentation football with Enberg letter

I was also on the phone for the Vernon Davis, Willis and Westbrook lots. A good buddy of mine and fellow 49er collector won the Willis for 2900 which, considering its use is a steal. At least we spoke prior to the auction and didnt bid it up against each other. The fact that NFL auctions had another Willis which ended yesterday may have kept the price down. That shirt only sold for 1900 (nice bid of 1100 Legal!) They have sold at least 4 of his shirts this year and with him being popular i expect them to sell them every year thus making each one less valuable. I would have tried to win yesterdays Willis but i have last years shirt and could not see spending more $$$ on the same player with so many of his shirts being sold.

i thought other things sold for good $ like Moss at 6500$

Justin.....Is this what you were referring to?

Lots open at one increment above the second highest ceiling bid, and not at the high bid. Therefore, it is rare, but possible for a live bidder to win a lot for an amount equal to an absentee bidder’s left bid. Due to the nature of incremental bidding,

Hunt Auctions will not be held responsible for this occurrence.

......I guess that I don't feel so bad considering I lost out to solarlottry!

Paul.....I let you have the Takeo Spikes on NFL and you do this to me???I'm just kidding of course.....I'm a few bucks richer having lost out on some nice items!

Don't assume you lost until you call. I had the same situation with my Ted Williams bat at the Louisville Slugger acution. I pre-bid low and the lot closed at that price but I never got ANY notification. I assumed a floor bidder matched me and I lost. When I called and got a live person, they confirmed I had won. The rules about floor bidders are confusing, as described by others.

Matt

Thanks Matt.....I called Hunt and you were correct in your assumptions....I did in fact win some of the items that I had assumed I lost. They just haven't had a chance to notify anyone yet.