Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Walter Lewis Patriots helmet at AMI

Curious for people's opinions on this one.
    http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=62138
    QB Walter Lewis played USFL football in 1984 and 1985. Then CFL in 1986. In 1987, he was in the Patriots training camp, but I don't see him on the roster. This helmet has a lot of use. I don't see how it could possibly be his, unless maybe it was recycled through various players over a few years. I don't know. Thoughts?

Re: Walter Lewis Patriots helmet at AMI

I can't speak to the item but the seller is a big Pats collector and all of his items come from very reputable sources.

I can only confirm mulligans statement. I don`t know more about Walter Lewis than he was drafted by the Patriots in 1984. Maybe he spent some time on the Patriots practice squad. But the seller of the helmet is great and his items are legit. He is a very good collector with a lot of knowledge about the Patriots and GU items.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
    Curious for people's opinions on this one.
    http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/A...ction_ID=62138
    QB Walter Lewis played USFL football in 1984 and 1985. Then CFL in 1986. In 1987, he was in the Patriots training camp, but I don't see him on the roster. This helmet has a lot of use. I don't see how it could possibly be his, unless maybe it was recycled through various players over a few years. I don't know. Thoughts?
    Hi brian, do you still have any questions or interest in the walter lewis patriots helmet?
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by VERIS#60 View Post
    Hi brian, do you still have any questions or interest in the walter lewis patriots helmet?
    Bruce
    Thanks for the link. Interesting, but since the original post I've gotten married. Tends to change priorities. :-)