Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Thumbs up The tag guy is at it again:

Seen on eBay, expiring tomorrow, and (fortunately) drawing no bids so far:

Does this seller think things through? Even if he is selling tags for what they are, the buyer may sell them for what they add to the appearance of an otherwise phony jersey...and at a LOT bigger price.

Penny wise and pound foolish...

Dave Miedema

Re: The tag guy is at it again:

Just like this set/year tag and the McAuliffe year tags he listed a while back, I am confused. How could anyone profit by altering the original jerseys? Who benefits from this?

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Just like this set/year tag and the McAuliffe year tags he listed a while back, I am confused. How could anyone profit by altering the original jerseys? Who benefits from this?

My guess is he pulls them off of a jersey from a scrub or someone who only played a game or 2(a jersey that wouldn't have a huge value) and sells them hoping someone with pay big bucks for the tags so they can turn a retail authentic from some HOFer into a fake "gu" jersey so they can get someone to buy it thinking it is real. Just my guess though, sad the things people will do to try to make a buck.

Quote Originally Posted by mlupo View Post
    My guess is he pulls them off of a jersey from a scrub or someone who only played a game or 2(a jersey that wouldn't have a huge value) and sells them hoping someone with pay big bucks for the tags so they can turn a retail authentic from some HOFer into a fake "gu" jersey so they can get someone to buy it thinking it is real. Just my guess though, sad the things people will do to try to make a buck.
    Yes. These are somewhat logical guesses for an extremely illogical business model.

Banned

Exclamation Re: The tag guy is at it again:

I know who the tag guy is...a longtime participant in game-used memorabilia, Herb Pearo of Vermont.

Dave M.